Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't for get to tell your feeder timers about the time change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These annual posts crack me up.

The days are getting shorter. So the sun is coming up later and is setting earlier every day. (Not really. The sun doesn't "rise" and "set" but I won't confuse some with that).

Here's what you need to do. When filling feeders in the summer, set the time, which will be DST. Then set the feeding times to go off at the time you want it to feed on the date, plus approximately 1.5 minutes (check your sunrise/sunset tables) for each day that will pass until you will be back to hunt. When the time "changes" your feeder won't know. It's just going to feed at the same time of daylight less 1.5 minutes that it has every day. Solunar tables are your friend.

Wait... what? The time will be wrong on my clock during the summer months. This just sounds way too confusing. I'll stick to the photo eye and turn my feeder a quarter turn during the time changes.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
      Wait... what? The time will be wrong on my clock during the summer months. This just sounds way too confusing. I'll stick to the photo eye and turn my feeder a quarter turn during the time changes.

Exactly my point. Thanks for confirming. Glad I could help.

Comment

What about if I hand corn?

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
          Exactly my point. Thanks for confirming. Glad I could help.
          Although your plan does beat the way I used to do it. Standing by my feeders at 2 am to set them back and forward really sucked!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
            You have to do it counter clockwise now.

Comment

Serious precautions need to be taken with hand corn. Deer are known to come at anytime during the day for the preferred hand corn. (they find the corn much more desirable when a human enters their territory on a regular basis to pour out corn, as opposed to when a feeder throws it) PLEASE BE CAREFUL!
              Last edited by asu-indian; 10-31-2019, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                Serious precautions need to be made with hand corn. Deer are known to come at anytime during the day to eat hand corn so precautions need to be taken. (they find the corn much more desirable when a human enters their territory on a regular basis to pour out corn, than when a feeder throws it) PLEASE BE CAREFUL

Comment

One of my brothers would go change the times on my feeders, couldn't understand that it didn't matter, that 4pm it was set for still threw it at the same part of the day.......

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                    You have to do it counter clockwise now.
                    So turn in a counter clockwise circle 1 time then pour?

Comment

Is this post 5 or 6 about this the last week or two?

Speaking of friends. The search function is a good one[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                        One of my brothers would go change the times on my feeders, couldn't understand that it didn't matter, that 4pm it was set for still threw it at the same part of the day.......
                        This has boggled the mind of many......

Comment

I logged on this morning specifically to look for these threads about time change and feeders. I always look forward to some of the hilarious comments.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

I changed mine yesterday!

Had them set for 7:00 and 6:00 for the summer and changed them to 6:30 and 4:30.

I like to keep them around 15 to 30 minutes before sunrise and 1.5 hrs before legal shooting light ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You also have to use the other hand now

Comment

Working...
                              X