Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening Rifle Season is here..Who's Missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always make opening rifle. Had a funky mature buck (most would consider a cull) show up on the cell camera 30 minutes ago. Have not seen him in a year, only have three pictures of him the past two years. If I can punch my tag on him this weekend I would be ecstatic.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      Will be chasin ducks this weekend.
      Do you have Dukfvr? 😂

Comment

Sorry to say i will not be available for opening weekend. My wife and and i will be babysitting the granddaughters this weekend. They are alot more fun than sitting in lonely cold deer stand.

Comment

I’m a hunter so I’ll be in the woods. Not with the smoke pole yet but my bow.

Comment

I'm out. Its Riley birthday and we have three rodeos/barrel races to go to.

Comment

Nope. Havent missed one yet and don't plan on it. God Willing.

Comment

My wife and I will both be looking for a good deer in Schliecher county Saturday.

Comment

I'm in my pop and I are leaving tonight !

Comment

Ill be there Sunday and Monday...

Comment

I'm out....dang anthrax!

Comment

The wife and I are going to hunt Sunday to Tuesday..........

Burying a hunting buddy tomorrow...........

Comment

I'll be out with the kids Saturday morning for sure. Opening Day is as big as Christmas in both mine and my wife's family. The oldest boy is driving in from Lubbock tonight (he's a senior at TxTech), and my daughter is driving in from Huntsville tomorrow after class (freshman at SHSU). They each hunt by themselves. I'll be sitting with that little bad one, my 14 y/o son. He's killed a couple good deer but I still don't trust him to sit by himself!

This weekend was always a huge event when I was a kid. Dad always hunted with a recurve until the mid-80's, when he got a Jennings compound.

It's just a huge event, and not just the hunting. Being at the camphouse ALL weekend long and the food, beer, etc. I've only missed a few openers in my life and have called in sick before to be there. Can't wait.

Comment

I’m out. Have a baby at home. Will be later in the season before I get out. Sounds like bucks are moving like crazy too. Brother saw a nice 11 today by his house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunting is in my blood. My dad would take me when we hunted in the Texanna river bottoms before it was lake Texanna. Then we got a lease at Morales hunted there for 21 years. I have missed 4 opening days in 64 years, I was in the Marines for 4.
                              My daughter is 21 and she will take my spot this year. She killer her first at 6

Comment

I’m missing it. In Toranto Canada at this very moment. Wife wanted to come & I saw where Fleetwood Mac was playing Friday night so we got tickets. Condo we are staying in is less than 100 walking yards from arena. Should be good. Will be in stand next Thursday thru Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X