No announcement yet.

Hughes Net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had it for about a month. Cancelled it and took out losses. It was faster to send a letter through the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For both Hughsnet and Viasat its'll depend on your location.

Hughsnet is mostly bogged down in Texas because they overloaded their beams like crazy. Viasat will depend if you are in a "small beam" or not and which small beam it is.

Both are going to put you around or above 100$ monthly for 25 mgs.

Look into the Verizon hot spots as mentioned before or companies like Blazing hogg that run off celltowers for hotspots like Verizon.

Unless you have nextlink nearby most WISP are a hit and miss (but they are getting way better recently)

Comment

Well, that answers that question

Thanks to all that replied

Comment

Hughesnet is the devil, using Skynet and it’s great

Comment

Originally posted by KenHays View Post
            Well, that answers that question

Thanks to all that replied
            Where exactly will you be?
            As mentioned, HN is horrible. A local WISP/WHISP or a hot spot off a cell tower are you're best options.
            The biggest issue with a WISP, used to be oversold bandwidth and primitive technology.
            Nowadays the equipment is outstanding, but the greed of the owners is just the same lol.

Comment

It got better when they launched the new satellite. But they have since oversold it again and the service sucks!

Comment

All line of sight internet sucks. The hotspot on your phone is much better.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had Hughes and Dish, IMHO, ALL of the satellite providers suck. But it was all we could get for awhile. Tried Verizon a couple years ago, and it was OK, (we have good Verizon signal here) but it was way too pricey to watch tv with. Fortunately a couple of area providers that bounce off some of the water towers with line of sight service came here and we have that now. It's pretty good, and reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    All line of sight internet sucks. The hotspot on your phone is much better.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                    Nah, it's the crackers running the show .

Comment

Working...
                    X