This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
    LSU wont get the same treatment as Bama....remember Bama has got in the playoffs without playing in the SEC championship.....

Clemson is in...LOCK

tOSU/PSU winner... (tOSU) in ...

Seeing as you said LSU is your 2nd favorite team, I would venture you havent watched 1 down of tOSU this year.....Many have them as #1 team in the country....but I dont care..just as long as we have this stupid system of only 4 get to play...I just care we are 1 of the 4...then prove it on the field....

Chase Young has a lock on Joe if it comes to that.....

No other team has 3 players worthy of Heisman consideration....if the Heisman wasnt such a joke now, it could actually mean something.....

I hope both Bama and LSU get in the playoffs with us.....you want to be the best you have to beat the best....and I dont consider Clemson in that for this week *** schedule they play...but they do show up in the playoffs for sure

Lets go ahead and start the playoffs now !!!!
    1 - I never said Alabama wouldn't get in the playoffs, but they won't make it past tOSU.

2 - I never said LSU was my second favorite team. I think That was Monster spike.

3 - I do believe Alabama and some other teams get favorable calls regularly.

4 - You are right about Clemson, I don't think they are what everybody thinks they are and will be exposed against any of the other three teams we are talking about.

5 - Jeffery Epstein didn't kill himself

Comment

Have seen several on here talk about Clemson being overrated, where do y'all think they are deficient? I don't know enough about them to debate (I only watched some of them against atm and haven't seen them play again) just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
        Have seen several on here talk about Clemson being overrated, where do y'all think they are deficient? I don't know enough about them to debate (I only watched some of them against atm and haven't seen them play again) just curious.
        Just my opinion, they have only played one decent team (TAMU) and they weren't all that 'on fire'.

Clemson has dominated most of the rest of their games, minus Mack and the Mighty Tar Heels, but those teams are all pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
          alright man, im sorry i went off the rails on that.

i believe it would be the same if burrow were hurt. of course it will be assumed that it might have altered the outcome.

none of that matters this year imo. if LSU or BAMA gets in with a loss, it will be understandable.

again i ask.......who would replace a 1 loss BAMA or LSU??

there is no narrative, it will be deserved.
          Yea I wasn't trying to say it was an only bama kind of deal in the media. If fields got hurt in one of ohio states games and they lost they would say well he wasn't helthy and altered the game. Same for joe etc. I wasn't trying to say it was an only bama thing.

Comment

I don't think Baylor is going undefeated but if they do and get left out in favor of a 1 loss LSU or Bama that would be a travesty. As I said already the loser of that game should not get a rematch, they had their shot and lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              I don't think Baylor is going undefeated but if they do and get left out in favor of a 1 loss LSU or Bama that would be a travesty. As I said already the loser of that game should not get a rematch, they had their shot and lost.
              Totally agree. Conference champion should be the key factor IMO if a 1 loss OU or Baylor team got left out over a 1 loss LSU team that didn't even win their division and/or have to play that 13th game...that is bull****.

Comment

A 1 loss Bama,,would get in the playoffs over a 13-0 Baylor...EVERY TIME

If it was Texas or OU maybe not.....maybe

Comment

the way texas has pulled the entire conference down, it would not be a travesty for sure.

baylor would have beaten one top 10 team, and LSU would have beaten three.

OU's loss to ksu has been costly as well, so travesty is certainly an overblown, if not baseless statement all together.

im workin' my best to get OU in, but baylor is just drawing dead.

Comment

LOL. An undefeated Texas Big 12 Champion gets in all day long over the 1 loss Bama that didn't even play in the SEC championship game. Sorry to burst your bubble.
                    Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 10-29-2019, 09:50 AM.

Comment

If Baylor goes 13-0 and does not get in to the playoff, it would expose the playoff as a bogus process for selecting a National Champion. They need to go to 6 maybe even 8 teams.

Baylor won't win out but I hope they do just to turn the apple cart upside down!

Comment

Lol, are you ****ing high?

Comment

LOL. An undefeated Texas Big 12 Champion gets in all day long over the 1 loss Bama that didn't even play in the SEC championship game. Sorry to burst your bubble.
                          sorry...its true

No way Baylor gets in over Bama...the committee would find a reason...probably SOS...the Big 12 is weak

Comment

why go to more than 4 teams? baylor would get blasted in the 1st round anyway.

we never have close 1st rd games as it is, so adding teams makes no sense at all.

OU vs uga is the only close first round game i can recall over the entire playoff system. 4 teams is plenty.

Comment

One loss SEC Champ Bama or one loss didn't even play in the championship game 2nd SEC team Bama?

LOL. An undefeated Texas Big 12 Champion gets in all day long over the 1 loss Bama. Sorry to burst your bubble. Ohio State or Michigan maybe not....maybe.
                              ANY one loss conference champ, regardless of the logo on the side of their helmet, should get in over ANY one loss team that didn't even win their own division. No exceptions. Otherwise this committee outs itself as a 100% subjective popularity contest exclusively involving big brand names.

I really think the committee is in the process of ruining the interest in college football. The reason we all love march madness is because fans love the idea of the underdog getting a shot at the title. The playoff provides none of that. Their product has been reduced to the same 5 or 6 teams annually playing in their 4 team playoff. With every year that goes by with this committee, I think they are digging deeper and deeper into a hole. They'll continue to contradict "past precedent" and eventually expose themselves as completely subjective. People do not like popularity contests...this is supported by the fact that literally every single sport at every single level is determined by some sort of bracket-playoff. It should never be about "well, we THINK so and so played a tougher schedule. Or, so and so LOOKS better."

You either won your conference as an undefeated or 1 loss team, or you didn't. That is objective criteria for determining access to the playoff. Opinion should never be valued at all. In year 1 of the playoff, the determining factor in the Buckeyes getting in was because they were the obvious Big Ten champ, whereas the big 12 commissioner wouldn't name TCU or Baylor as the champ. The committee actually said point blank "being a conference champ, and playing in that conference title game (the infamous 13th data point) is what mattered for the Buckeyes getting in." Fast forward a few years and Alabama gets in without having to play that 13th game. So, does that conference title criteria not matter anymore? Or is the committee going to subjectively flip flop their rationale to support whatever opinion they have from year to year? You can only contradict yourself so many times before people lose interest. The fans of the smaller brands are going to figure out that they stand zero chance of getting into the subjective committee's playoff and viewership is going to wain.

Comment

sorry...its true

No way Baylor gets in over Bama...the committee would find a reason...probably SOS...the Big 12 is weak
                                No way no how would Bama get in over Baylor. If OU would have gotten in undefeated as conference champ so would Baylor. I feel Bama gets a lot of preferential treatment but this scenario would never happen.
                                Last edited by RaginCagin; 10-29-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X