Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have said this every-time this discussion comes up, there is no perfect system as every year is different. The more teams you add, the more debate you are going to add.

I liked the BCS for picking the National Championship game, in most cases it got #1 vs #2 right. Now the other 3-8 or whatever was always up for debate, but in getting us the two best teams it did that.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
      no sir. just use the SECCG as the title game, and let these kids get back to class.

LSU fans getting trolled by big 12 fans up in here! you guys are easy targets.

Who is your team again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        This is why players love Coach O and will run through a brick wall for him. He builds relationships with young men during recruiting, and wants them all to be successful and play on Sunday’s. Even when they sign with the opposition, Coach O goes out of his way to congratulate them after a hard fought game.

For those who need an interpreter

“ Big Cat, hey, where you at big boy ? You boys were something else. Danm y’all good. I’m proud to see you guys. Hey 1st rd pick, and you 1st rd pick , just like I told you during recruiting. Alright, Hey I’m proud of you guys ! “

https://twitter.com/secnetwork/statu...485758470?s=21
        That was good, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
          That was good, thanks for sharing.
          All good stuff...until you have a date with tOSU....

All the prep talk in the world ain't gonna keep Chase Young off Joe's back!!!!!

I really hope y'all get past Bama...I really do...cuz I want the 2 best teams playing in the end....and that's LSU and tOSU......
          You're welcome for Joe, wish he could have cracked our starting lineup

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
            Hey can you please list out the criteria for determining “best?”
            I think the difference between loosing to #1 vs loosing to an unranked team is a big factor, andif the #1 team is in your conference that shouldn't keep a team out of the playoffs if that's their only loss AND they have beaten multiple ranked teams.

UCF being undefeated (until they actually played somebody) is a good example of quality wins and respectable losses.

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            In reality I only care about my team but they haven't been in the discussion in 10 years.

Enjoying the discussion guys. It really doesn't matter what we think though. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
            I'm an Aggie homer - no doubt, but I follow the whole game and a lot of teams. I even watch little brother tu play, they have struggled the last few games but I really thought they had something going earlier in the year - they still have a good chance to turn things around, win some games and have a respectable season, even if it wasn't the season so many fans were hoping for.

And I also enjoy these conversations.

Comment

I really hope LSU beats Bama.....

I don't want to have to roll into Baton Rouge, at night, playing a 1 loss LSU team that needs to win to get that 2nd playoff spot.

Can you imagine the level of want to they will have after 74-72 AND playing to get in the playoffs? They goin in drrrryyyy

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                I have said this every-time this discussion comes up, there is no perfect system as every year is different. The more teams you add, the more debate you are going to add.

I liked the BCS for picking the National Championship game, in most cases it got #1 vs #2 right. Now the other 3-8 or whatever was always up for debate, but in getting us the two best teams it did that.
                i agree completely. my next choice would be to go back to the ap upi poll.

the game was never broken. now its fair catch kicks, start at the 25, targeting, these idiot refs talking on mikes, reviewing off location....

well its broken now, and corrupted by corporate greed.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post

I don't want to have to roll into Baton Rouge, at night, playing a 1 loss LSU team that needs to win to get that 2nd playoff spot.

Can you imagine the level of want to they will have after 74-72 AND playing to get in the playoffs? They goin in drrrryyyy
                  You think they'd want it less to STAY undefeated?

I'm not sure it's gonna matter, but I think they'll be ready to roll either way. LSU Bama, and Texas Baylor, are really the only two games I'm looking forward to the rest of the season....sad.

Comment

BCS standings for week 10 would have Ohio State vs LSU in the National Championship game.

Again, through week 10.

Comment

With player likeness now i imagine it won’t be long before the playoffs are expanded soon...

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post

I think the potential is there for LSU to be on fire for that game regardless.

If they are undefeated they will be looking to protect that, if they are -1 they will be looking to make a statement - all that on top of the revenge factor from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          BCS standings for week 10 would have Ohio State vs LSU in the National Championship game.

Again, through week 10.
                          i cant imagine a better match up. at this point.

dream final 4.....

OSU
                          LSU
                          CLEMSON
                          BAMA

finally we get some YUGE semi-final games.

Comment

I just want a beat bama burger one more time before i die!!

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                              i cant imagine a better match up. at this point.

dream final 4.....

OSU
                              LSU
                              CLEMSON
                              BAMA

finally we get some YUGE semi-final games.
                              You don't know that. Didn't you expect a YUGE championship game last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                You don't know that. Didn't you expect a YUGE championship game last year?
                                true. YUGE match ups i should have said. 5* showdowns, no idea the outcome tho. correct.

it would be interesting to see if OSU and clemson could keep the SEC out of the final.

Comment

Working...
                                X