Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would probably agree that a close 1 loss Alabama (with a loss to #1 LSU) would get in over an undefeated baylor in Big 12 this year.

Baylor would have 0 top ten wins (OU wouldn't be top ten after 3 losses - 2x to Baylor) , and Bama is Bama that name carries weight.

Now that I think about it though 2 wins over OU might get them in. It would be REAL close.. Ok so basically now I'm not sure.

Comment

If we're all being honest with ourselves, the Big12 should probably be stripped of its "Power 5" status. There isn't a school in it that's not tier 2 and most are borderline non-D1. Remember when awesome OU and Kyler Murray had to play Bama last year? Sure they scored a couple points in junk time once the Bama 3rd string came in and lost track from laughing so hard, but that was just sad to watch.

Silly to try to include them to keep the TV viewers engaged. We don't need to see the Kansas and Texases of the world getting constantly humiliated. Let them play each other for feel good, "We're real too!" stuff, but leave it at that. It is what it is.

Surely we can all agree on that, if only for the safety of the Big12 players, right guys?

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
        If we're all being honest with ourselves, the Big12 should probably be stripped of its "Power 5" status. There isn't a school in it that's not tier 2 and most are borderline non-D1. Remember when awesome OU and Kyler Murray had to play Bama last year? Sure they scored a couple points in junk time once the Bama 3rd string came in and lost track from laughing so hard, but that was just sad to watch.

Silly to try to include them to keep the TV viewers engaged. We don't need to see the Kansas and Texases of the world getting constantly humiliated. Let them play each other for feel good, "We're real too!" stuff, but leave it at that. It is what it is.

Surely we can all agree on that, if only for the safety of the Big12 players, right guys?
        Dude, you just made about 10 heads explode !!!

nice work

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post

If the Big12 and Pac12 combined their real contenders for a new conference this would get a lot easier to pick the final four.

Keep the 5-6 good/decent teams from the Pac along with tu and Oklahoma in one conf, let the rest form up however they see fit. Then there would be 4 conference champs to go on to the playoffs

BUT - it is important to remember that the selection committee doesn't pick the best from each conference, they are picking the 4 best teams in college football - if all the best teams are in one conference then that's we way it should be. It's easy to see by the end of the season who has and is playing tough consistent football and who isn't.

Comment

i just figured out how baylor gets in....
            baylor wins out
            so carolina and wafford beats clemson
            a$m beats uga
            LSU blows bama OUT in tuscaloosa
            usc beats the ducks
            UF loses to LSU SECCG
            Auburn beats bama and uga
            Ohio st beats minn
            minn beats psu
            Ohio st beats psu
            washington beats utah

1. LSU
            2. OSU
            3. Baylor
            4. SMU

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
              If the Big12 and Pac12 combined their real contenders for a new conference this would get a lot easier to pick the final four.

Keep the 5-6 good/decent teams from the Pac along with tu and Oklahoma in one conf, let the rest form up however they see fit. Then there would be 4 conference champs to go on to the playoffs

BUT - it is important to remember that the selection committee doesn't pick the best from each conference, they are picking the 4 best teams in college football - if all the best teams are in one conference then that's we way it should be. It's easy to see by the end of the season who has and is playing tough consistent football and who isn't.
              They dont ALWAYS pick the 4 best teams....they dint last year

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                They dont ALWAYS pick the 4 best teams....they dint last year
                Well, they are supposed to pick the best four.

Who do you think was left out? Who shouldn't have been there?

We all saw ND and OK get thrashed, I'd say tOSU and LSU would have at least put up a fight. Georgia or tu would have even been better choices.

I'm so glad Notre Dame is out of the conversation.

Comment

We all saw ND and OK get thrashed, I'd say tOSU and LSU would have at least put up a fight. Georgia or tu would have even been better choices.

tOSU

Comment

The Big 12 was 3-1 against the SEC in bowl games last year. The top 2 in each conference split. KSU beat MSU this year.

You Aggy boys keep telling yourselves that garbage. LOL.
                    Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 10-29-2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

College Football 2019 - Week 10

Looks like college athletes will allowed to be compensated for their name and images.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Alabama got thrashed by one more point than ND did. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                          Looks like college athletes will allowed to be compensated for their name and images.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I think this is disastrous for college sports!

Comment

I love the line: "they are tasked with picking the 4 best teams."

How does one ACTUALLY do that? Is that not entirely 100% subjective? "Best" isn't a measurable or objective criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Alabama got thrashed by one more point than ND did. LOL.
                              Lol, right???

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                                tOSU
                                Correct. Buckeyes should have been in that year over Alabama. OBJECTIVE Conference titles have to mean something. Otherwise, your sport falls apart.

Comment

Working...
                                X