S. texas helicopter accident?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hear about an accident between 2 helicopters in South Texas? A friend of mine called to make sure I was not involved. He said he heard their rotors touched which caused them to go down. He said 1 dead and others hurt. That all he knew.
    Prayers to all involved.

Wonder if this is the one by our place. Had a buddy give me a call to make sure it wasn’t me. After we spoke, he said it was the “Wagner farm.”

Edit:

Turns out this is our neighbor across the road. Went to HS with dad. Oh no...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BlackHogDown; 10-23-2019, 02:08 PM.

Comment

3 helicopters were there netting deer. 2 of them touched rotors, only one went down, the other 2 were able to land safely. 2 people were confirmed dead, one on scene and one later at the hospital. I think a few were injured as well. Very very sad to hear, prayers up for them and everyone involved.

Comment

FounHelicopters collide over Texas ranch, killing 2 people
        10/23/19 2:21 PM
        HEBBRONVILLE, Texas — Authorities say two small helicopters collided over a ranch in South Texas and killed two men.

Texas Department of Public Safety Sgt. Nathan Brandley says the helicopters struck in midair Wednesday morning near Hebbronville, a community about 160 miles (260 kilometers) south of San Antonio.

Brandley says one helicopter was able to land and the other crashed after the collision, killing both people aboard. One was pronounced dead at the scene and the other was pronounced dead at a hospital.

He says one of the two people in the other helicopter was injured.

Brandley says he doesn’t know the cause of the crash or the identities of those involved.

The Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety board are investigating. The FAA says the helicopters were Robinson R22 helicopters.d this:

Comment

.... duplicate

Comment

Sad deal.

Comment

Prayers for all involved.

Comment

Terrible news

Comment

Talked to our biologist down there, and it was not the guy or service we normally use, but he knows all involved and said it's a real sad day for the whole area... folks were some more of the good guys who got took out early. Praying for peace for the families left behind...

Comment

I knew three of the 4 people involved. Charles was a great man as well as jr. About as honest as you can make them.Jr ran the Waggoner. Ryan sustained a pretty bad foot injury prop hit him
                    In the foot. I’ll be visiting him when I get home. Sad deal. Charles has thousands of deer captures under his belt. Still can’t believe it.

God needed a pilot and a ranch hand this morning.

Amador D. Chapa

Comment

Prayers up for families

Comment

Sad news

Comment

Terrible deal.

Comment

Praying for all involved, and their families and friends.

Comment

Scary business for sure. Had a family member involved with the work today who witnessed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X