No announcement yet.

Best BBQ in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rudy's moist brisket is actually pretty good. The turkey is good as well. The ribs kinda suck. For a chain it's far better than the others. The second location off 35 north of SA still has a real central Texas pit. It's dang good.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Rudy's moist brisket is actually pretty good. The turkey is good as well. The ribs kinda suck. For a chain it's far better than the others. The second location off 35 north of SA still has a real central Texas pit. It's dang good.

I concur. Moist brisket followed by turkey. Ribs are mediocre. Sausage is ****!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The dry rub ribs from Pinkerton’s in Houston are hands down the best I’ve ever had. The guy used to live above his restaurant I heard. Maybe still does...thats some love in them ribs.

Opies off 71 in Spicewood is pretty darn good too. Used to have a lease right down the road. My dad and I would roll in there old location right before closing, eat a plate and the guy that ran it always sent us back to deer camp with free leftovers from the day. Good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ole standby ... Rudy's "Country Store" and Bar-B-Q

But go to Memphis, Tennessee and try Corky's Ribs & BBQ!

Comment

I ain't saying it's the best, but... if your ever in Denison between 10:30am and 3pm, stop by Randy's BBQ. Portable shack on side of 503, I believe.
            Reg sliced beef. Huge portions.
            Insanely tender. No spork needed. Crumbles apart.
            ��

Comment

Had Hutchins for lunch because of this thread. Thats the first BBQ I had growing up so I may be a bit spoiled.

Comment

Way to many really good Q joints around my neck of the woods to judge
                EL monte on loop 410 and bandera rd in San Antonio is on the way to the ranch in Encinal
                I also like Opie’s up near marble falls, good meat, tater tot castrole, big pot of beans going
                Any place in Lockhart is consistently good

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                  Coopers is currently on crap list. In the last year, I been through Llano multiple times.

Biggest issue they have lately has been salt. I’m talking about way, way overloaded with salt. Like needed to eat a piece of white bread with every bite. That’s been an issue on their brisket, beef ribs and burnt ends. Only saving grace was the jalapeño cheese sausage last time was perfection.
                  Funny you say that.. I had coopers on Saturday and could barely eat the ribs they were so salty.. The Sausage was awesome tho

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                    In Midland - my favorites are:
                    Up in Smoke
                    1/2 Acre
                    KD's

Probably in that order...
                    Not a fan of kds, ive never had good brisket there. I do like macs alot but the last couple of times hasn't been that great. I don't know if i caught them on a bad night or if its the norm now.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                      Killens BBQ in Pearland
                      Very good food there!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtybay View Post
                        Pasadena Papas does good for me
                        Brisket house
                        Roegels
                        For light smoke but well moist and trimmed, I'll go to Andy's hog wild.
                        I prefer more smoke on my meat.
                        Brisket House in Deer Park is better to me than most in the Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte area. I will also say that I like Andy's also in Pasadena.

Salt Lick in Driftwood was a cool experience and I personally liked their BBQ. Wish they had some different side choices because I felt they were lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                          We found a place in Fredericksburg that is easily my new favorite.

Backwoods BBQ it was awesome.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
                          My lease is 5 mins from there and its pretty good. Not sure its the best I have had but its not something I am gonna turn my nose up to either!

Comment

City meat market in giddings
                            Snows in Lexington

Comment

Originally posted by TX Fireman 911 View Post
                              Brisket House in Deer Park is better to me than most in the Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte area. I will also say that I like Andy's also in Pasadena.

Salt Lick in Driftwood was a cool experience and I personally liked their BBQ. Wish they had some different side choices because I felt they were lacking.
                              Texas BBQ is not about sides. The only sides needed are beans, white bread, jalapenos, pickles and onions. Maybe a slice of cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Those guys and the catering and comp guys.

Those seem to be the guys opening up these new shops everywhere and kicking ***. The market seems to have accepted a higher price over the last several years too, which has helped them.

Heath's cousin has a place in Grand Prairie called Zavala's. He takes orders throughout the week to be picked up Friday or Saturday, which seems like another way to make the deal more efficient. I havn't tried it yet, but I want to.
                                I have a buddy in Teague who does it this way. He makes pretty good $ at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X