Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

??????? You get him?

Comment

I just started looking. He was shot at 7:50.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Did you give your arrow the sniff test? Kinda sounds like a gut hit to me too. May want to give it a little more time (but what do I know).

Comment

Any update?

Comment

Anyone in Nolan county bored today? Yes, sniffed. Not the copper smell I was expecting. Not poop either. I think liver possibly.

Comment

Unless his bedding area just happened to be 45 yards from where you shot him that is probably all guts. Liver hurts but they will travel a little. They don’t like to travel with a gut shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

good luck!

Comment

I would call in a dog if possible.

Comment

If I shoot a deer and find the deer standing 45 yards from me, I will put another arrow in them if possible. Now that you probably don't have him in front of you and by the looks of that arrow, I would probably wait 4-6 hours before I start tracking him again and I would have my bow with me and be ready to shoot again. Best bet would be to get a dog on him, a good dog will usually find a gut shot deer without any problems. My buddy who has a good dog says gut shot deer are some of the easiest for his dog to find.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                        Anyone in Nolan county bored today? Yes, sniffed. Not the copper smell I was expecting. Not poop either. I think liver possibly.

Pulled out yesterday or would sure come help.

Good luck!

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

OK, i searched the area he was shot 3 times, no luck. I searched the road he may have crossed, I searched another road that has traffic. Nothing.

But good news, dog on the way.

Comment

Good luck on the recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                                Liver can take a while, 6ish hours sometimes from what I've seen but maybe more depending.

Comment

Working...
                                X