No announcement yet.

Official 2019 Astros World Series thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stros sure were swinging in the dirt a bunch.....almost too obvious.

Comment

We all know the series is rigged to make more money, but I'd still take free tickets!

Comment

It's baseball so anything can happen in one game but I still believe the Stros will beat the Nats, the umps and the powers that be. Besides, Daddy needs his mattress reimbursed!

Comment

I'm not buying the 1st base path thing. The line is in the middle of the base path. You can run in the base path. You do not have to run to the right of the line. The 1st baseman's glove was across the baseline when contact was made. The runner did veer just a bit inside but was back in when contact was made.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            I'm not buying the 1st base path thing. The line is in the middle of the base path. You can run in the base path. You do not have to run to the right of the line. The 1st baseman's glove was across the baseline when contact was made. The runner did veer just a bit inside but was back in when contact was made.
            Go back to pushing those " Acknowledge " buttons and leave the calls to the pros!

Comment

I'm not buying the 1st base path thing.
              Then you would be wrong. Stuck has explained it precisely the way the rule is.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                (*Ring diddly ding*)

Welcome to ethics hotline

Yes hi I’d like to report an infraction..
                You are not better than me! lol

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  Then you would be wrong. Stuck has explained it precisely the way the rule is.
                  After watching it again I see what they are saying but it is still kinda odd. By that definition you couldn't step on the bag because it is 100% inside the baseline. They need those little league safety bases. LOL.

Comment

Why they continue to pitch to Soto, and not AT Soto, is beyond me.

He's as far inside their heads as he is on top of the plate. At least Greinke had the stones to stand him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

He's as far inside their heads as he is on top of the plate. At least Greinke had the stones to stand him up.
                      I have been telling my text group this almost word for word. I hope Greinke does it again tonight.

Comment

They need those little league safety bases. LOL.
                        As much as they have pussified the game, I dont see why not!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Did you know that Soto fella is 21?

But yeah, seriously... hoping Greinke can repeat the shutdown from Game 3.

Oh and on that topic... JV was already a mess before he even threw out the first pitch. When I was watching the anthem, they cut to JV who was swaying at least 3x faster than the beat of the anthem. I mentioned it to my wife who said "well that's because he is nervous" to which I replied "yeah, that's a problem!" He never looked comfortable.

Hoping our boys show some life in them at the beginning of this game.

Comment

X54 on soto.
                            Headshot pushback ..and then drop middle outside until he screws himself in the dirt..
                            But then.. theres a sense of pride seeing him whiff at his sweet spot too...

Believe.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              X54 on soto.
                              Headshot pushback ..and then drop middle outside until he screws himself in the dirt..
                              But then.. theres a sense of pride seeing him whiff at his sweet spot too...

Believe.
                              Same for Bregman?

Comment

I am a HUGE Bregman fan....but as of late it seems his attitude is slipping down hill. Even my kids have noticed.

Comment

Working...
                                X