Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L
    Originally posted by rtp View Post
    You know not everything on the internet is true....

Here are Altuve's splits for 2017. Sorry my cut and paste abilities suck. Here is the link.

Jose Altuve 2017 Batting splits statistics including season totals, platoon splits, home and away stats, clutch situations and more on Baseball-Reference.com

His numbers were much better on the road for 2017.

Edit. I see he referenced the postseason only. I'll need to very that now, ugh.
    How do we know this is true?

Comment

is there a video of the camera that is stealing the signs? if there is they will be punished for sure and every other team will be equally scrutinized. First one to get caught means you are not as crafty as others.....but they are not caught yet...just accused......and they show the signs on TV FFS....so if your pitchers are too stupid to mix it up then what do you expect.

Comment

It's hard for me to take MLB seriously about cheating.
        They knew a significant portion of the players were on roids back in the day and didn't really do anything about it because the money was rolling in.

It wasn't until congress got involved that MLB stepped up their drug testing.
        Then they took a few big names and blamed them for their ruining the integrity of the game.

So guys are now using technology now to see what pitch is coming?

Still gotta hit it.

Comment

I cant find post season splits for 2017....but I did find this in the feed Dale posted. I guess those stinking Yanks were cheating too.

2017 ALCS

Home:
          Frazier - .300
          Castro - .273
          Bird - .333
          Headley - .625
          Judge - .444
          Sanchez -.273
          Gregorius - .417

Road:
          Frazier - .083
          Castro - .231
          Bird - .214
          Headley - .200
          Judge - .133
          Sanchez -.133
          Gregorius - .125

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
            L

How do we know this is true?
            What is true? You mean a trusted source for baseball stats vs some guy on the internet posting stuff without a reference to his source? Which one?
            Last edited by rtp; 11-13-2019, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
              It's hard for me to take MLB seriously about cheating.
              They knew a significant portion of the players were on roids back in the day and didn't really do anything about it because the money was rolling in.

It wasn't until congress got involved that MLB stepped up their drug testing.
              Then they took a few big names and blamed them for their ruining the integrity of the game.

So guys are now using technology now to see what pitch is coming?

Still gotta hit it.
              Knowing what pitch is coming is a bigger advantage than steroids, juiced baseballs, etc. It is everything to a hitter

Comment

What is true? You mean a trusted source for baseball stats vs some guy on the internet posting stuff without a reference to his source? Which one?
                The one from the Internet

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH44 View Post
                  Knowing what pitch is coming is a bigger advantage than steroids, juiced baseballs, etc. It is everything to a hitter
                  I won't disagree with this but if pitchers and catchers can't outsmart the other team with different pitch signs they deserve to get worked over for it.

I can remember as far back as elementary school where come test day everyone took the same test but there would be four or five versions of the same test to keep people from cheating.

Apply the same idea to baseball and this is a non issue.

Comment

I won't disagree with this but if pitchers and catchers can't outsmart the other team with different pitch signs they deserve to get worked over for it.

I can remember as far back as elementary school where come test day everyone took the same test but there would be four or five versions of the same test to keep people from cheating.

it already is a non-issue. There is no rule that stopping players from looking at signs.

Comment

Official 2019 Astros World Series thread

Electronics lends a significant advantage

I’m all for picking off tells or the guy on 2B relaying if he can but using cameras is world class low rent and nobody deserves to get worked over in that matter. Astros, Rangers or anybody

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

I’m all for picking off tells or the guy on 2B relaying if he can but using cameras is world class low rent and nobody deserves to get worked over in that matter. Astros, Rangers or anybody
                        agree.....if there is a camera involved and this can be proved they will be fined in a big way and lose some draft picks....if not it is just butt hurt losers looking for a reason why they got ran. There are a LOT of ex-Astros pitchers out there that have no love for their previous team so lets see how this plays out.
                        Last edited by Tom; 11-13-2019, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

I have no problem if we get nailed for it. At all.

MLB bans all internet/Ipads/cell phones in the dugout this is a non issue. They are idiots to not have seen how this could be abused.

Watching the playoffs this season seeing the players all huddled over Ipads in the dugout looking at video was comical. Who knows what they were really looking at and from what angle.

We will see how it plays out.

Comment

I was at Game 3 of the World Series....I cant imagine the hitters could hear anything let alone a banging on a can or bat rack. I couldnt hardly talk to my sons sitting next to me the place was so loud. If it is proven they cheated they deserve every bit of punishment doled out to them. Until then color me skeptical.
                            Last edited by rtp; 11-13-2019, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I doubt there is any actual evidence (camera, etc), and people like winning. Most of those guys won't want their WS tainted, even if they aren't happy with the organization (Keuchel), and without further coroboration....they have squat.

As a non astros fan, it doesn't really mean much to me in regards to the greatness of that team, they WERE great. But I would like to see Ryan and Hinch rung up for it just because I can't stand them. And they should lose draft picks...but again, I don't think they'll be able to prove anything.

Comment

I was at Game 3 of the World Series....I cant imagine the hitters could hear anything let alone a banging on a can or bat rack. I couldnt hardly talk to my sons sitting next to me the place was so loud. If it is proven they cheated they deserve every bit of punishment doled out to them. Until then color me skeptical.
                                I was at game 7 and I agree. I would think regular season splits would be more relevant, but they don’t fit the Astros are cheaters narrative. Obviously the video with Farquhar is regular season

Comment

Working...
                                X