Official 2019 Astros World Series thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    interesting but where do you play him in the field? Left field until Correa gets hurt again and then he can play 3rd when Bregman slides over to SS?
    Play him at third, move Breg to SS and trade Correa for another pitcher....or someone with strong bones, elastic tendons and a stronger immune system. I like Correa, but Rendon is an upgrade.

Comment

I sure hope they can find someone to take Spiderman and his salary for next year. Im looking forward to seeing if Sanchez can have a mostly healthy 2020.

Comment

Thats one scenario... not likely..
        The other is bubblewrap being part of some package... but i think thats unlikely due to relationships..
        Rangers are expected to make a play for Rendon..but ..He is from Htown..so... (..again not likely)

Strasbergs on the market too...and will be cheaper than cole... jes sayin..

I dont know what washingtons budget is though either... so how strong is the attachment to that team... surely they dont believe that team is doing this **** again?

Comment

If you can get Rendon, you don’t worry about what to do with Correa....that’ll work itself out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have heard zero about the Rangers with any free agents so far that wasn’t blind speculation. I figured they would have done more already if they planned on big moves this off-season, But the off-season doesn’t really begin until the winter meetings.

Comment

Its all speculation at this point...

Comment

AL cy young candidates..
                Cole
                Jv
                CFM

Comment

And all but 1 are former Astros...

Comment

I would be more than okay with dumping #1 and shifting over #2 to make room for #6.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                      Bregman handled himself well at SS when Correa was hurt. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Astros sign Rendon and make Bregman the everyday SS then package up Correa and trade him.

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      Play him at third, move Breg to SS and trade Correa for another pitcher....or someone with strong bones, elastic tendons and a stronger immune system. I like Correa, but Rendon is an upgrade.
                      This 100%.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t think it’s smart to move Correa. The value you get over seeds any value in return. I don’t think it will happen and am against it.

Comment

Lmj has officially completed his rehab.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

I don’t think it’s smart to move Correa. The value you get over seeds any value in return. I don’t think it will happen and am against it.

Only way it makes sense is not from a monetary standpoint..but a trade aspect... be able to get a lot more for him that way.
                            Not that i think or necessarily want that to happen.
                            Altuve, springer and breg will have input there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              Spot on here.
                              When his arb years are up and he hits free agency..it will be big numbers to keep him and it will also be an albatross of a contract. Let some other team absorb that Carlos Lee type deal. Move him while there is value there for pitching or even to restock the farm.

Pass on Cole and use that money to extend Springer and Uncle Mike.

Hard pursuit for Rendon to man the corner and move Bregs to SS. Resign Chirinos and let Maldanado go. Sign Yasmani Grandal to replace Maldy so we can have an offensive upside catcher (like it or not, defensive catchers with elite framing capabilities are soon to be a thing of the past because the automated strike zone is coming)

Sign Zack Wheeler and have the rotation of Verlander, Greinke, Wheeler, McCullers, Whitley (move Urquidy to the pen for long relief and to spot start for LMJ and Whitley since they will be on inning restrictions most likely

letting McHugh, Rondon and Joe Smith walk and non tendering Sanchez, Devenski, and Biagini frees up money to help build a lockdown bullpen.
                              '
                              Also make it a point to not care about the $208 mil luxury tax threshold …..cross that ho and don't think twice about it. As long as the overage is less than 20 million....the penalty is so minor, don't even sweat it (non tendering Sanchez more than offsets that penalty)

Comment

Lmj wont be in the pen.
                                Other stuff is interesting though.

Comment

Working...
                                X