Official 2019 Astros World Series thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    My take on the series.....Astros lost because(heavy on the first 4)

they left a truck load of risp in their 4 loses

A lot of the moves Hinch made in those loses didnt work out

bullpen faltered under pressure

Nats were hot and Believed!

Umps sucked.
    The first one should read......they faced Strasberg and Scherzer in their 4 losses.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty strong..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Should have called JFF!
        JFF called to ask if he could .. astros pretended to be microsoft technical support..

Comment

Rendon is a class act and great ball player.
          He was fun to watch before we had to play him...then it was a wince & grimmace at every pitch to him..
          Travesty he didnt get mvp.

Comment

Ya'll are hilarious --- You can dice it slice any way you want, better team, hotter or whatever, but what it boils down to is that Wash. won 4 games out of seven. PERIOD Shoot they were LUCKY to get past THE YANKEES

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
              Good news is, Joe Buck is no longer on my TV.
              Thank the Lord.

Comment

Disappointed the Astros lost but the Nationals have a good team and played a little better. Leaving all the RISP was the Astros downfall, drive a few in and the games would have swung to the Astros favor. Pulling Grienke and putting in Harris was the right move, Harris has been money all season and he can go more than an inning. He made a good pitch but Kendricks made a great swing. As far as Cole, I’m betting AJ wanted him to come in to start a inning. Going to be an interesting off season, go Astro’s!

Comment

This is some funny stuff. I've been a baseball fan for 55 yrs, played a lot of years and coached a lot of years, the one thing I have learned from all that experience is sometimes the game loves you and sometimes it hates you

Comment

It was a good pitch.
                    **** happens.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      It was a good pitch.
                      **** happens.
                      I haven't seen that pitch form the TV view. That swing took the life out of the whole ball park.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                        I haven't seen that pitch form the TV view. That swing took the life out of the whole ball park.
                        Want another stat?
                        Kendrick saw 51 of the low and away pitches in 2019.
                        He had 5 hits off them.
                        All for singles.

Comment

Well... that was quick...

Gerrit Cole, a pending free agent, wasted no time distancing himself from the Houston Astros Wednesday night as the star pitcher donned a baseball cap bearing his agent's logo and telling reporters he was "not an employee of the team."

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            Well... that was quick...

Gerrit Cole, a pending free agent, wasted no time distancing himself from the Houston Astros Wednesday night as the star pitcher donned a baseball cap bearing his agent's logo and telling reporters he was "not an employee of the team."
                            He is going to get paid. Good for him. This is not a surprise, and he SHOULD get paid. Just hope its not by the Yankees....

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              Stranded RISP lost the game.. not pitching.

Anyway.
                              Both lost the series... and both in my mind lost it last night. Their pitching held us to 2 runs... ours could have held them to 1. The bullpen has been a liability in my eyes for the last month heading into the post season... They won the race to the shaky relievers. I think more importantly than stranding runners was not stretching the at bats longer and keeping the stress up.

And JV was a complete dud. There, I said it.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                                He is going to get paid. Good for him. This is not a surprise, and he SHOULD get paid. Just hope its not by the Yankees....
                                Yeah, maybe I haven't watched enough baseball through the past decade... but seems a bit of a snub to just point out that you are not employed by a team any more. I had zero elusions that he was staying... but seems like a middle finger to the fans here that appreciated his contribution.

Comment

Working...
                                X