Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Culling doesn’t work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El General View Post
    In that simplistic scenario with unrealistic binary options, I'd probably kill the 7 point. But, the reason wouldn't be because I was culling him. It would be because I want the 10 point to get older. In low fence situations, age, nutrition, and herd management are your only tools for larger antlers.
    So what would The reason Be for shooting Any Deer? You can Fight the Word all you Want But, Deep Down Every Deer That is Taken Out Should Be Decided on For One Reason Or Another. There Lies the Term Culling

Comment

In that simplistic scenario with unrealistic binary options, I'd probably kill the 7 point. But, the reason wouldn't be because I was culling him. It would be because I want the 10 point to get older. In low fence situations, age, nutrition, and herd management are your only tools for larger antlers.

But, in real life, if my biologist was sitting there, he'd tell me to shoot a doe or a sow pig. Killing one buck isn't going to matter no matter how old or young it is.
      Ok. You SELECTED to slaughter the 7pt instead of the 10pt to let the 10pt get older. But you're not calling it culling. Got it.

Call it what you want homie [emoji109]

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

But, in real life, if my biologist was sitting there, he'd tell me to shoot a doe or a sow pig. Killing one buck isn't going to matter no matter how old or young it is.
        So why do you want the 10 point to get older and not the 7 point?

Comment

I'm here to see how the horse is making out .
          Poor guy gotta be sore as hell!

Comment

Comment

Checking back to see if skimming works yet

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                Checking back to see if skimming works yet
                I'm here, I'm gonna harvest one

Comment

Best thing is being 100% in charge of your deer herd and doing what you think is best, 100% of the time, without regrets. Not sure why a few folk believe so strongly about others doing it their way on dirt so far away from where they even hunt! good neighbors trying to do what (they HOPE is best) helps more than just 1 persons decisions on a few thousand acres IMO. Its my birthday so Surely Im right! Ive enjoyed skimming thru this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                    Best thing is being 100% in charge of your deer herd and doing what you think is best, 100% of the time, without regrets. Not sure why a few folk believe so strongly about others doing it their way on dirt so far away from where they even hunt! good neighbors trying to do what (they HOPE is best) helps more than just 1 persons decisions on a few thousand acres IMO. Its my birthday so Surely Im right! Ive enjoyed skimming thru this thread
                    Happy birthday FD!!

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      Ok. You SELECTED to slaughter the 7pt instead of the 10pt to let the 10pt get older. But you're not calling it culling. Got it.

Call it what you want homie [emoji109]

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Skim....skim the 7pt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Skim....skim the 7pt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Harvest... animals killed where is Smart?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Skimming this post..

Eating a harvested apple..

Comment

Originally posted by dale moser View Post
                            skim....skim the 7pt...

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                            ����I forgot. I'm going with that from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Skimming this post..

Eating a harvested apple..
                              Bruh u lying, you watching them Stros

Comment

I just got in from elk hunting out west and I'm whipped. Haven't read this particular thread I think...there have been so many all arguing the same ole tired arguments. Sometimes 6 pts get big. Just saying!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X