Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Rep. Elijah Cummings dead at 68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks Baltimore, and a few of its charities will be better off -

A charity run by the wife of Rep. Elijah Cummings received millions from special interest groups and corporations that had business before her husband’s committee and could have been used illegally, according to an IRS complaint filed by an ethics watchdog group.

Cummings, 68, a Maryland Democrat, is chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. His wife, Maya Rockeymoore, 48, is the chairman of the Maryland Democratic Party and briefly ran in the state's gubernatorial race last year. The couple married in 2008. Cummings was once heavily in debt — in part due to hefty child support payments to his first wife and two other women he had children with — but his financial situation has improved considerably over the past decade.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      Proverbs 11:10 "When the righteous prosper, the city rejoices; when the wicked perish, there are shouts of joy."
      Well in that case I'll post my comment.

"I wonder if it's hot down there."

Comment

His district was a cesspool under his "leadership". He was worthless for years as a politician, so it's hypocritical to suddenly lament how sad it is.

Let's see, a net worth estimated at over $1.3 MILLION on a salary of $174,000 living in an expensive city. Not hard to figure this one out................................

Comment

Won't be missed....

Funny how he is being portrayed as a Saint....

Trump.had to wish condolences, I get it...but I am sure he won't miss a min of sleep tonight

Comment

No tears here !

Comment

Racist POS and a thief. Turned Baltimore into a third world country and did absolutely nothing for his constituents in 30 years. Good riddance.

Comment

well, we've been told by presidential order to lower flags to half staff

Comment

Originally posted by clayree View Post
                  His district was a cesspool under his "leadership". He was worthless for years as a politician, so it's hypocritical to suddenly lament how sad it is.

Let's see, a net worth estimated at over $1.3 MILLION on a salary of $174,000 living in an expensive city. Not hard to figure this one out................................
                  Actually, at his age and income, that net worth is surprisingly low. I'm betting there is more hidden somewhere. Or maybe they were just living off the charity slush fund. And just like Bill and Hillary's "charity", I expect that one to dry up in a hurry.

Comment

Hopefully the end came peacefully as any of us would want with our families looking on. I vaguely remember his wife in college but would not be surprised if she ran for his congressional seat......that seems to be a trend over the last few decades.
                    Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    As evidenced in this thread, we have lost our decency and respect for each other in America...
                    I pretty much disagreed with everything this guy stood for politically, but good grief folks, the man had a family and they are grieving a great loss to them...

May God rest his soul... Don't have a clue about his beliefs, but I hope he's at peace with eternity.
                    Clearly said Charlie!

Comment

As evidenced in this thread, we have lost our decency and respect for each other in America...
                      I pretty much disagreed with everything this guy stood for politically, but good grief folks, the man had a family and they are grieving a great loss to them...

May God rest his soul... Don't have a clue about his beliefs, but I hope he's at peace with eternity.
                      He was no different than a terrorist in my view.

Karma works slower for some than others.

Comment

I'm just going to have to be indecent then.

Comment

"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                            Racist POS and a thief. Turned Baltimore into a third world country and did absolutely nothing for his constituents in 30 years. Good riddance.
                            Nothing you said is incorrect. He was a "uncommon" criminal(above the law), Like many in our government are.. On BOTH sides.. I do not respect these types.

Comment

I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                              X