Aborted road rage incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bradical BH View Post
    Hardly.... I’m sure your a bad a dude. What you have done if in your opinion some guy was road raging on you and got out of his car with his shirt pulled over a gun? Tuck and run? The point I’m trying to make is introducing a gun to this situation could have pretty serious consequences. Pretty far stretch to infer my opinion as not defending yourself.
    We don't know if he even saw the open carry...facts from the OP are we know is we gotta guy ready to joust is now watching a car pull into a handicap spot & folks poor out. Only a true thug would get ramped up knowing he's gotta patsy.

Let's get real and admit the aggressive guy likely feels like an idiot seeing this unless a true DB...this has gotten way more complicated about the OC vs the scenario as it unfolded as told.

Comment

I see the same guy road raging people every day on my way to work. Some inbred looking dude in a 03-06 Chevy 2500. Looks like he weighs about 120 and lives in a single wide. Always riding peoples asses flying around them, brake checking them. Everyday I hope I see someone whoop his ***

Comment

Hardly.... I’m sure your a bad a dude. What you have done if in your opinion some guy was road raging on you and got out of his car with his shirt pulled over a gun? Tuck and run? The point I’m trying to make is introducing a gun to this situation could have pretty serious consequences. Pretty far stretch to infer my opinion as not defending yourself.
        Pretty sure you're a timid girly man..........see how that works

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle Everything you stated is pure speculation.......and none if it happened according to the OP.

I'll defend myself and family if I can't get out of harms way. I'd rather confront a road rager than play into his plan. The OP did nothing wrong....you're opinion is just your opinion. He made a call and it worked out. End on discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle Everything you stated is pure speculation.......and none if it happened according to the OP.

I'll defend myself and family if I can't get out of harms way. I'd rather confront a road rager than play into his plan. The OP did nothing wrong....you're opinion is just your opinion. He made a call and it worked out. End on discussion.
          Very shallow. Thanks for the laughs.

Comment

Just curious, why put so much effort into this to put it on the internet?

Comment

Very shallow. Thanks for the laughs.
              I'm sure you're used to it.

Comment

if I can't get out of harms way.
                That’s the thing, in this scenario OP could have just kept driving and gotten away from the situation. I’d never allow my wife to be anywhere close to a potential threat if I could prevent it.

Trust me, I know first hand, after you use your firearm to protect yourself or if you’ve been in a gun fight you never want to be put in that situation again.

Everyone always thinks they’ll just “saddle on up and get western” with it. It isn’t like that...

Anyways OP, happy you were okay that’s all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                  Just curious, why put so much effort into this to put it on the internet?
                  Me, just passing time posting the events of the day. Circumstances have prevented me from hunting much the last 3 years, so i hunt vicariously through others hunts here.

This whole thing worked the way it did because. If he wouldn't have cut through where my destination was i certainly wouldn't have posted about my dinner with a few members of the ham association of mesquite, or the idiot that honked at me on the way there.
                  I drove to the bank this afternoon and nobody brake checked, honked or cursed at me, but nobody wants to read about that.

Comment

I guess I need help in understanding where harms way was in the scenario?

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                      That’s the thing, in this scenario OP could have just kept driving and gotten away from the situation. I’d never allow my wife to be anywhere close to a potential threat if I could prevent it.

Trust me, I know first hand, after you use your firearm to protect yourself or if you’ve been in a gun fight you never want to be put in that situation again.

Everyone always thinks they’ll just “saddle on up and get western” with it. It isn’t like that...

Anyways OP, happy you were okay that’s all that matters.
                      Maybe.....could have made to db even madder. There's a thousand different things that could have went down.......it's easy to armchair qb them. The OP made the best decision in his opinion at the time. No reason to beat him up for that.

Comment

The conflict is the road rage.
                        No, it's not. It's an idiot driving his car like a jerk. Until confronted he's being an idiot in his own car and there is no conflict. The OP, according to his account of the situation, never acknowledged the guy in any way. Can't be a conflict if there's only one person involved. He went where he intended to go all along and didn't let a jerks behavior have an impact on his life. He carried a firearm like he probably always does to protect himself against ALL the idiots out there, not just this guy. Just because this guy was already being a jerk shouldn't keep him from carrying his protection, like he probably always does, against another idiot that might come walking into the restaurant and open fire or any other situation that might arise.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like you handled it appropriately. Glad nothing came of it. Lots of guys have stones that are only attached to their steering wheels.

Comment

Maybe.....could have made to db even madder. There's a thousand different things that could have went down.......it's easy to armchair qb them. The OP made the best decision in his opinion at the time. No reason to beat him up for that.
                            Not beating him up, more like debriefing.

Comment

Not beating him up, more like debriefing.
                              Wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular. Hindsight > wtshtf

Comment

I'd like to hear a quick overview of that!

Comment

Working...
                                X