No announcement yet.

Opinion on barking dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck finding a place remote enough not to hear neighbor dogs. At our property, the nearest neighbor is 1/2 mile away. Unfortunately, they have a kennel full of dogs. Believe me, you hear them very clearly without the background noise of city life.

Comment

pepper spray in extreme cases settles them down pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
        Every time someone has any sort of problem with a dog on this forum, all the Big Tough Dog Killers come out of the woodwork. Y'all are gonna f**k around and kill the wrong dog someday......
        My thoughts exactly, but you and I seem to be the minority here. Nobody listens anymore. People are not like they used to be. It’s not the 1960’s on the farm. You don’t just kill “some ole dog”. Regardless of other’s views on it, many people now see their dog as a child, a family member. I know some think that’s just ridiculous, but it’s not your place to judge others.

All it takes is one unstable/upset/determined individual with a full magazine to end your life......don’t put yourself or your family in that type of danger. Only have yourself to blame.

Comment

Our closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away and they have dogs. Not particularly noisy, but once in awhile they'll get started because coyotes are howling or something. Those dogs barking isn't annoying, but they get my dogs barking which can keep us up. If we just walk outside with the bark collar, they shut up quick.
          Speaking of folks not being like they used to be . . . When we moved out to the country (20+ years ago), I was meeting my neighbor across the barbed wire fence, an older man who has since passed. As we were talking, his two German Shepherds came onto my property and were chasing and barking at my cows. To me, it was 'dogs will be dogs' - they aren't hurting anything. But my neighbor started yelling at them and got them back home. Then he told me: "If you ever have a problem with my dogs, shoot 'em. I can't tolerate a misbehaving dog."
          Mr. Patty was no snowflake, RIP.

Comment

Working...
          X