No announcement yet.

2019 Hagerman Seg. A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a doe running thru woods and across edge of field followed seconds behind by a small buck. Another doe came to 35 yards from me for a full minute but no clear shot and she left. Saw 3rd doe trot out of woods but saw nothing behind her.

Comment

A bigun showed after a couple blind grunts. He's still close. Behind thick stuff

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Just had a very nice shooter come in directly down wind. Held up at 40 thru some thick brush and ended up turning around. Bummer

Comment

I just put an arrow in a good deer I've been screwing up for two days. A little high not the best penetration. Maybe 12”, quartering away, had to shoot thru a little brush. Maybe high shoulder. Hopefully, at least 1 lung. He’d been shot in the brisket.
          Dropped down and bolted like a bat out of hell! Running kind of low. Not bounding at all. I’m giving him 3-4 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of activity this morning! Good luck guys!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Planopurist View Post
              I just put an arrow in a good deer I've been screwing up for two days. A little high not the best penetration. Maybe 12”, quartering away, had to shoot thru a little brush. Maybe high shoulder. Hopefully, at least 1 lung. He’d been shot in the brisket.
              Dropped down and bolted like a bat out of hell! Running kind of low. Not bounding at all. I’m giving him 3-4 hours.

In for the recovery. Smart move to give him time.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by Planopurist View Post

Did he run off with your arrow? Any blood where you shot him? A broadhead stuck in the cage can do a lot of damage as they run.

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
                  Did he run off with your arrow? Any blood where you shot him? A broadhead stuck in the cage can do a lot of damage as they run.

Yes. I could see it for 50 yards anyway. I didn’t get down to check for blood. Such a pain climbing up or down this gnarly tree with lineman’s ropes. Safety first; plus, I definitely don’t want to fall knowing I could have a good deer on the ground.

Comment

Good lookin young 10 just came in at 15yards, needed the big one to come down this upwind trail.

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
                      Good lookin young 10 just came in at 15yards, needed the big one to come down this upwind trail.

Getting closer Cody, he’s on his way

Comment

Did the train derail over in BM?

That was loud.

Comment

Congrats for all the success so far men. Kurt I was heartbroken for you when I read you didn't recover that buck. Sounded like a true hag giant. Good luck to everyone on the rest of the hunt.

Comment

Word is another tbher put an arrow in a buck and recovered him

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                              Did the train derail over in BM?

That was loud.
                              Very loud from where I at.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                                Very loud from where I at.

I never heard such a sound! Freaky

Comment