No announcement yet.

Pig Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot them! ASAP....no other way to control them but to start shooting them, sooner is better than later....

Comment

I’m willing to help!

Comment

Have thermal, will travel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For the people that are willing to go to someone place and hunt with the person with the hog problem....Do yall ask for money for the help or tip or just do it for fun?

I know myself would be for fun but does anyone get "hired" out to go hunt hogs for someone?

Comment

!2 ga auto extended magazine with no plug and 00 buckshot will thin em out quick.

Comment

Willing to travel to shoot some pigs! love killing hogs!

Comment

Try this if you have one of those measuring tapes, after the pig is dead. Doing it while pig is still alive might be tougher. I've got this in PDF format if anyone wants it. Just email me and I'll send it out.

[ATTACH]976314[/ATTACH]
                Last edited by Matt_C; 02-13-2022, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Like others said, build a pen out of cattle panels and that should keep them out.

Comment

I don’t want to hijack this thread, hoping it stays on target.

I have s similar problem. My feeder is a 24 hour buffet for at least two sounders. They are predictable, one or two young males approach first, then the others, and finally a very large matriarch sow and a few piglets.

Right now I can’t shoot them all, they disperse at the first disturbance into the brush and beyond. Question, if I can only shoot one, which one should I shoot to discourage their return for a while? Should I shoot a younger male, piglet or big mama? Would mama keep them away from the feeder for a while?

I know there’s no absolute fact or how to here. I just don’t want them around for opening week.

Feeder pen coming in spring, just not feasible at the moment.

Oh, I’ll be heading out there with a new ATN X-Sight 4K Pro NV next weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                      I don’t want to hijack this thread, hoping it stays on target.

I have s similar problem. My feeder is a 24 hour buffet for at least two sounders. They are predictable, one or two young males approach first, then the others, and finally a very large matriarch sow and a few piglets.

Right now I can’t shoot them all, they disperse at the first disturbance into the brush and beyond. Question, if I can only shoot one, which one should I shoot to discourage their return for a while? Should I shoot a younger male, piglet or big mama? Would mama keep them away from the feeder for a while?

I know there’s no absolute fact or how to here. I just don’t want them around for opening week.

Feeder pen coming in spring, just not feasible at the moment.

Oh, I’ll be heading out there with a new ATN X-Sight 4K Pro NV next weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                      My vote would be to shoot big mama first.

Comment

AR w/suppressor - shoot them in the belly
                        OR
                        pen up your feeders

situation taken care of.

Comment

I would take a weekend shift if you need help.

Comment

If it was my land it would be a open invite to shoot hogs, the owner is not the most open minded person about bringing guest to shoot off hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                              If it was my land it would be a open invite to shoot hogs, the owner is not the most open minded person about bringing guest to shoot off hogs.
                              Not my land, just a leasee. I can bring guests to hog hunt.

Originally posted by WRasco View Post
                              I would take a weekend shift if you need help.
                              I'm thinking about that. Problem is it would be a friday afternoon go/no go decision.

Details: N Callahan county, atv/utv or a lot of walking required. Accommodations are limited, so a tent or camper needed for more than 2, if you were to stay onsite overnite.

You would have to put up with / tolerate a novice (me). Other hunters may be onsite.

I wouldn't charge anything, other than splitting the cost of a steak dinner.

I guess PM me if anyone is interested, dont want to hijack this thread.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                                My vote would be to shoot big mama first.
                                ^^^ This

If the piglets are small enough they may not initially run off without mama. You'll be able to take out a few of them as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X