Menard hogs.... :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menard hogs.... :(

Been on my lease over 20 years and never a sign nor one seen. I thought we were far enough from the river to be spared.
    My brother just called and said we have two small groups coming in to two different feeders now.
    Going to bring out the buckshot and kill as many as I can.

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
    Been on my lease over 20 years and never a sign nor one seen. I thought we were far enough from the river to be spared.
    My brother just called and said we have two small groups coming in to two different feeders now.
    Same here man my dad has owned a piece of property in Tyler Co. for 18 years and never had pigs come in until last weekend when I was in the stand. I shot one and got plenty more on cameras.
    Last edited by jjaimes; 10-10-2019, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Where’s your lease at from Menard? We hunt NE of there with no hogs.

Comment

Been on my lease over 20 years and never a sign nor one seen.
        Consider those the good ol' days

Comment

We are east of there and loaded with them

Comment

Good luck! Buckshot sounds like a good idea but I haven't heard positive reviews from people who have tried it. Less carnage than expected.
            I haven't tried it myself but I do keep a semi-auto shotgun loaded in case they get in the yard at night.

Comment

I had them show up last year at my place in Menard. Trapped 16 an shot 4 last year. Had three show up a few months ago. Fixed the hole in the fence an been good so far. I know there is a bounty on them. I was told a guy in Brady will buy if you trap them an keep them alive.

Comment

They will find you....

Comment

My family has had our lease in Arkansas since before I was born (over 30 years) and never saw a pig. Last Saturday morning I stuck 4 of them; however, I was still able to stick a deer at the same stand Saturday evening. I hope they decided the corn was not worth it because I did not see them Sunday morning.

Comment

I have been on my place in the hill country for 30 years. To this day very few hogs......only killed 3.
                    But I know eventually I'll suffer just like everyone else.

Comment

It’s not a matter of if....it’s just when

Comment

I hunted in North San Saba County close to Locker from 2004 to 2015. We didn't have any pigs when I got on. Then, we started seeing a pig or two here and there about 2013. Then, all of a sudden, we had them bad. Good luck. The best advice I have is a stout pen around every feeder. Use rigid hog panels unless you have cows. If you have cows, consider the taller cattle panels but know that small piglets will get through the larger hole size in a cattle panel. Make the pens large enough that a feeder doesn't throw corn out of them. Hogs will then stop coming around. You cant get rid of them but a pen does a lot to make sure they don't bother your hunting too much.
                        Last edited by Txhuntr2; 10-10-2019, 03:21 PM.

Comment

We have been in the same place, between Brady and Menard, for 21 years.. Our fences are raggedy in some spots and to this day not one single sighting.. We feed and run cams year around.. We have been lucky because they have been killed regularly within a mile or two of us for years now.. When they show up they will get killed again.. Biggly...

Comment

Been hunting a place east of Seguin for about 8-9 years and this year I'm covered up with them. What's strange is during all those years without hogs, another place I hunt 1.25 miles down the road on another creek drainage is always full of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
                              Where’s your lease at from Menard? We hunt NE of there with no hogs.
                              Northeast of town.
                              About 5 miles north on Callan lane.

We have pig/goat fence on the lower section, but it is getting pretty old. I need to find where they are crossing. 1200 acre ranch and they are coming from both ends.

Comment

Working...
                              X