No announcement yet.

Is There a Happy Medium Mech. Head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grim Reaper Razor Tip 1 3/8 for mechanical but this year I'm shooting Slick Trick Viper Tricks blowing through shoulder bone and having amazing blood trails.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
      Grim reaper razortip 1 3/8 have been my favorite for a long time. They penetrate well and are a good all around size. The fatal steels are great but smaller cutting diameter. I have also shot the 4 blade grim reapers and like them. I have tried numerous others. Wasp jackhammers and rockets were oldies but goodies! I like the all steel vortex mechanical heads. I have some of the new Sever heads to try and I liked the Ulmer heads back in the day. You could never go wrong with a good old spitfire. I think the spitfire and Killzone are great heads but I don’t think they with penetrate better than a rage.
      I shot the Sevr 1.5 in SA for some critters. Full pass through on Black Wildebeest at 35 yards but it wasn’t near the blood trail as the ones I shot with Hypodermic. I shot 4 boar hogs yesterday and shot 3 with Sevr. One with 1.5 and 2 with the 2.1. Blood trails were great on the 2.1 but not as much penetration. How would you compare the Wasp Jak Hammers and the GR Razortips?

Comment

i'm shooting Grave Diggers (hybrid) this year. They have been great. I also REALLy like the 1 3/8" Grim Reaper Razor Tips (don't get the 2"). Blew through pretty much everything with those heads.

Comment

I used to use good old nap spitfires they always seem to have good penetration almost every deer I shot with them was a pass through. Come to think of it I don't know why I ever quit using them.

Comment

Nap killzones

Comment

[QUOTE=JTeLarkin08;14422496]If your not wanting to shoot a trypan then go with the grim reaper razor tip. It’s a great head. Flies good and great penetration. I still think the trypan is the best mechanical made.

I completely agree with this statement.

Comment

Rockets

Comment

Ive shot all of the grim reapers with good results. I really like the carni-4s but they busted up/ chipped the tips of my arrows (Easton Axxis) when deployed. Dont know if it was the way the collar was designed or not. I picked up some of the Sevr 2.1 for this year but havent shot them yet.

Comment

Is There a Happy Medium Mech. Head?

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
                    Ive shot all of the grim reapers with good results. I really like the carni-4s but they busted up/ chipped the tips of my arrows (Easton Axxis) when deployed. Dont know if it was the way the collar was designed or not. I picked up some of the Sevr 2.1 for this year but havent shot them yet.

I use the bar #5 adapters for that reason for the Axis arrows. They slide over the end of the arrow to protect it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	24595473

My GR Hybrids with the adapters...
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2156.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	24595477

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Last edited by Bone Thug; 10-09-2019, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I’m really liking the Grim Reaper Micro Hybrid so far.

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
                        I've had similar results shooting NAP spitfires and Rages on my Easton Axis arrows. Probably chipped/split the carbon on 4 or 5 kills in a row. (right at the end of the arrow)

Switched back to my old Thunderhead and Muzzy fixed blades - and have not had an issue. At 1/2 the price of the mech models, and great results, I think I've bought my last package of mechanical broadheads.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                          I use the bar #5 adapters for that reason for the Axis arrows. They slide over the end of the arrow to protect it.

[ATTACH]975590[/ATTACH]

My GR Hybrids with the adapters...
                          [ATTACH]975596[/ATTACH]

Awesome, thanks! Ill have to try them out.

Comment

Hypo +p. 1.5” cut and no pivoting blades. The reaper micro hybrid is a good flying head as well. The 4 blade reaper mini mag would be devastating as well if you get a pass through

Comment

G5 Havoc or dead meat heads are more durable than the rage heads from my experience.

Comment

The animals you are shooting are too big or they are too far. lol. There's not a broadhead out there that won't pass through a whitetail at less than 30 yards. I shoot a NAP spitfire and most of my KS bucks don't make it past 40yds but if I shot Rage, it'd be the same. My experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X