No announcement yet.

How far is your walk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a new place this year. I have a gate into my pasture in my new place I’ll prolly park my truck at the gate and walk the 100 yards to my rifle stand. My regular place I’ll drive a ranger or four wheeler and park it right behind my box stand and take four steps and I’m inside it. My tree stand I hunt in the best place to park the ranger is 150 -200 yards and walk to the stand. No light on none of them to it in the morning or in the evening when I’m done.

Comment

If I’m bow hunting it’s about 300 yards. If I’m sitting in my box blind I park right under it.

Comment

Average 300-400 yards from where I park my SxS. On my personal property about 300 yds from the kitchen

Comment

Some sets are 1/4 mi and some I walk up to a half mi.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

Depending on the blind, I have three, from 10 to 100 yards.

Comment

Totally depends on the stand. Usually 400-600 yards.

One of my favorite ways to get to the stand is a ‘drive by’ and to get dropped off right at the base of the tree. Works best on stands that are driven by regularly.

Comment

Sleep in my barn and walk 200 yds to my blind. I have other feeders as far as half a mile away, but most of the action seems to be at the one closest to the barn.

Comment

150 yards from back door of house to my Climber.

Comment

According to online maps, 707 feet. I could probably park closer, but just dont feel the need.

Comment

So I use a golf cart to get me to my blinds. I a couple blinds that are 7 miles from camp as the crow flies so I will trailer my cart to with in about 2 miles. Now my rifle set ups I will park my cart in the brush right next to the blind; however for my archery set ups I typically pull off into the brush about 1000 yards and stalk my way to the blind as well as an old fart can.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        400-600 yards depending on which blind. No light down rocky roads. It gets interesting on new moon.
                        I am the same about no light if at all possible.

Comment

380yds. Just measured it on Huntstand.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                            So many short walks. Anyone think the short distance to the vehicles hurt any hunting?

I think a human walking by bedding areas probably spooks more deer than a truck, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                              I think a human walking by bedding areas probably spooks more deer than a truck, personally.
                              I agree. Deer in my area see so many pickups that check wells and the ranch hands pickup, they don't really care too much about a vehicle. If they see a person on foot they'll be in the next county before you realize where they are.

Comment

I walk about 300 yards without a light. If either of my kids are with me they have a hat light and almost trip me every time cause they are scared they will die if they aren't right on top of me.

Comment

Working...
                                X