No announcement yet.

Life flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No clue on cost I was a medic on lifelight for a couple years. Annual membership is cheap insurance god forbid anyone ever need it...

Comment

Check with your county officials, Milam county has a deal made with PHI for Milam county residents that if you have to use there services they will only charge you what your insurance will pay, not sure what happens if you dont have insurance

Milam County has entered into an agreement to provide every resident of the county with emergency helicopter ambulance service.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

PHIcares.com. they have maps for areas of coverage. Might be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by travlinman View Post
          FYI, there are companies like Global Rescue that as long as you are 100 miles or more from home they will arrange medical evacs. You would need to buy an annual policy. Not sure of the cost. Family policy is $500 or so bucks a year.

What happens when you’re less than 100 miles from home and need a flight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So what happens when there is a bad accident on the interstate? Someone call for a chopper but the guy that is messed up doesn't have any possible way to pay?
            Who pays?

What if you are in an area that has 2 services that overlap? Do you get to choose who totes you off?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
              Thanks for the heads up. I called and checked, they said it does not show any limits. However when dealing with insurance I could see them making it difficult like they did in your situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Sorry forgot to mention this, there are very few in network air ambulatory services. I spoke with Life Flight which covers Houston and they said that they specifically do not have in network coverage for any general insurance which is why all these supplemental policies exist. It would be good to ask what ambulatory companies/services are in network.

Comment

Ironic part of my wife signing us up was that she did it because she felt like me or one of our boys would need it and never told me about it. Our hr director asked me a few weeks after we were back home from her hospital stay if I was happy she had signed us up, needless to say I was, closest I’ve ever come to winning the lottery .

Comment

Air Evac between Cisco and Eastland covers an area as far west as Abilene, almost to Weatherford going east and the same distance north and south. (30 minute flight time) They charge $85/year for an entire household.

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
                    I have not had any need for it myself. We hunt out in ValVerde County. It is a long way to any hospital.
                    I was wondering if any of you have any experience with life flight?
                    From what I read most insurance policies don't cover the cost.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly, Air-Life flies out of Del Rio. I'll check for you since I know their Ops guy here.

Just FYI, I have MASA and it pays for air or ground transport. It costs me $9 a month though the county if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      Air Evac between Cisco and Eastland covers an area as far west as Abilene, almost to Weatherford going east and the same distance north and south. (30 minute flight time) They charge $85/year for an entire household.

https://lifeteam.net/bases/air-evac-...5-eastland-tx/
                      How far south does it go?
                      I can see the bottom part of the map on my phone.
                      I'm close to Brady

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                        How far south does it go?
                        I can see the bottom part of the map on my phone.
                        I'm close to Brady

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
                        Air Evac Has a station in Brownwood that covers Brady

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                          I'm an AirMedCare network member. Includes Air Evac, Guardian Flight, Met Trans and REACH.

Hopefully I'm covered if something ever happens
                          Same here, I have entire family on it

Comment

I have to admit I considered getting something like this before but brushed it off. Did some research on the areas I hunt and travel mostly and AirMedCare would be best for me. Pulled the trigger for me and the wife. Did 3 years for $80 a year. Small price to pay should something happen. Can't imagine the insult to injury of a $45k - 50K bill on top of whatever happened to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              I had no idea you could buy into 'coverage'. I also knew it was expensive and wonder who pays for the 3-4 life-flight scenes we deal with a month. Oh wait....we are

You sir would be correct but,

Those that are referencing PHI services, let me just say this, I have seen them fly as well as reasons they don’t fly. I’d do some more research if you are looking at PHI. There are better options out there especially around the Houston area.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Working...
                                X