No announcement yet.

Hunting log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put every hog kill on a calendar with sex, approximate weight and property. I have my last 5 years worth. I would love to know exactly how many deer I have taken with a bow.

Comment

I have a Marlin 30-30 that I got as a Christmas gift when I was 14. I have notched every deer I've killed in the wood of this gun. Even small notches to represent antler points. My boys are always arguing over who gets the gun when I die

Comment

I did that exact same log for about 10 years. Changed leases and quit doing it.
        Pretty cool to look back and read some of the logs. Surprisingly 3rd day after the full moon was always a good day. Good luck.

Comment

I have thought about doing this for a while now. Only thing I did was put together a spreadsheet of barometric pressure on every day that I can remember killing a buck using Weather Underground's historical weather data. Basically told me what is starting to become common knowledge: high pressure = better hunting.

Comment

Every single time I sit down in the stand I think about making a log. Then I swear that I'm going to start. Then I end up harvesting a deer. Then I forget about the log. Lather, rinse, repeat. Maybe one day lol.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              I have a Marlin 30-30 that I got as a Christmas gift when I was 14. I have notched every deer I've killed in the wood of this gun. Even small notches to represent antler points. My boys are always arguing over who gets the gun when I die
              Be pretty funny if you just took it 6 feet under with you!

Comment

You could use this, as it was made to help a Hunter log hunts https://thehuntersight.com

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                  You could use this, as it was made to help a Hunter log hunts https://thehuntersight.com
                  I was thinking more of an old school paper logbook that could be handed down to my kids & future grand kids...

Comment

I've been keeping one for several years now for both deer and duck hunting. I wish I would've started it sooner. It's pretty neat to go back and look at my notes about things that happened during the hunt that otherwise I would've forgotten. It's also been valuable to use the weather info over a few season's to pick out trends in activity. I started a thread about it if you want to check it out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I did it on my South Africa hunt this year and really enjoyed it. I will stick with logging successful hunts. We started a private FB page to share gamecam pics and hunt recaps this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’d be cool but I’d get bored with it after a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                          Sounds like a good idea until that second entry and you’re like man. This is lame..
                          I laughed at this^^

Comment

I don’t kill enough animals to make a log lol

Comment

For many years....

Comment

Working...
                              X