This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Man I can't do it. Football is a huge part of the lease. Back in the 80s hunting in SE Oklahoma during the 8 day gun season....Thanksgiving....I would drive all over the Kiamichi Mountains to get bits and pieces of the radio feed for Texas/A&M. The Sooners and Cowboys would do the same for Bedlam.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I'm with you on that BOB. Football is a massive part of our lease. We even mounted a cheapo flat screen outside on the "porch" so that we could watch while we are outside. The tv we have inside is on a swivel mount so we can turn it towards the kitchen table and play 42 while we watch! The deer lease would not be the same without football. Granted the 2 tv's and the dish network system we have out there cost more than the cabin itself LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Remember, the BCS placed value on SOS. Going undefeated against crap teams wasn't as big of a deal. I say go back to the BCS and take the top 8.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      I agree with taking the top 8 of the BCS.
      I can see Auburn in the top 8 with their wins so far, but who has Oregon played to strengthen their schedule besides losing to Auburn? Also, LSU won on the road at #11, I would think that would trump Oregon. Anyway, it’s fun talking points. I’d like to see an updated BCS list if Texas takes care of business in Dallas on Saturday. Hook ‘Em!

Comment

My bad Bossman.....I was just kidding with him.

Comment

Because this thread needs pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw this one floating on Twitter and thought it was pretty cool.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4004.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	24595460

The Texas players sure are confident for being double digit dogs.[emoji15]

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              Saw this one floating on Twitter and thought it was pretty cool.

[ATTACH]975546[/ATTACH]

The Texas players sure are confident for being double digit dogs.[emoji15]
              Saw that. Cool pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post

Is that smarts OU twin? [emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post

Excuse my ignorance; and not that I don't appreciate the photo but, are these just random people in an Autozone parking lot? Hook'em!

Comment

Man I can't wait.

The family war has started via social media. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                      Is that smarts OU twin? [emoji1787]

I only see the smokin' hotness in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                        Excuse my ignorance; and not that I don't appreciate the photo but, are these just random people in an Autozone parking lot? Hook'em!

Yep

Just saw it and liked the story.

Not disparaging. Just fun.

Comment

I'm guessing they had no clue what beer was in the pic making it that much funnier.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                            I know the one in the middle is a radio personality.

Comment

GAME DAY

Cajuns hosting App State tonight on national TV

Arguably the biggest conference game at Cajun Field in a looooong time as the winner is in the driver's seat to host the Sun Belt Conference Championship game. Since joining the SBC, App State is the program that all other teams circle on the calendar. They have national recognition being the first FCS team to beat a ranked FBS school (2007 @ #5 Michigan), and they have 3 1-AA National Championships. The Mountaineers have won back to back to back "3-peat" SBC championships. Louisiana is 0-6 vs. App and have never beaten them.

Louisiana (4-1) leads the nation in rushing yds. per game at home ... 407 yds. , and ranks 5th nationally with 282 rushing yds./game. App (4-0) ranks 5th nationally scoring 48.7 per/game. Defensively, the Cajuns are giving up 372 yds./game and the Mountaineers are giving up 462 yds./game. Should be a very evenly matched game and possibly decided by who has the ball last. Cajun HC Billy Napier has the program headed in the right direction as this team is very physical. Louisiana will have to assert their dominance on offense, defense, and special teams. A Win keeps the momentum rolling into conference play, and a loss at home will be very disappointing.

I'll be at The Swamp tonight supporting my alma mater and hoping for a W. Geaux Cajuns !

FYI - that crawfish helmet was an April Fool's joke. I would have no problem if the team wore that helmet since it represents the unique Cajun culture, and it has a "cool factor" that appeals to 19-20 year old kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                I know the one in the middle is in BoB's wheelhouse.

Comment

Working...
                                X