Who played college football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
    I played at Texas Lutheran College 1972 - 1976 for Jim Wacker. We won 2 national Championships and I made all American
    Congratulations! That’s quite an honor!

Comment

DB @ University of Buffalo 1986-89.
      Jim Haslet was Lb coach and Dave meggett of the townson state/ Ny Giants ran over me at the end zone and broke my nose. Did have a great open field tackle for on him at mid field on one play.
      It all ended with torn acl
      Last edited by DesertDug; 10-03-2019, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
        I played Assback every time I ran out on the field my coach yelled Kelley get your assback over here .
        Lmao!! That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time![emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by East_Texas View Post
          Played OL at The University of Texas
          Partied a little much and blew out my shoulder
          Transferred to Hofstra, which y’all have probably never heard of, had my 3rd shoulder surgery and then gave it up and went to work. Plenty of regrets, but everything happens for a reason and would not have my wonderful wife and 2 great children if things would have worked out differently.
          What years at Hofstra? We played ya some years.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Played for USMMA (US Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY) on a scholarship... wanted to go to school away from home... Dang near over did it!! ECAC div II school. Had the opportunity to go to pro camp for Jets/Giants/Colts/Broncos... Me and 2 other classmates... I told 'em, that I ain't been huntin' in 4 years.. I'm gonna go home and go deer huntin'. I'll come next year... With 2 more invites, I never went back... My classmate that played line backer behind me (I was Def. Tackle or Def. end depending on formation) went to the camp and wound up with the Broncos... was all pro 3 years for Denver... Joe Rizzo... great guy. I wonder sometimes, "what if..." guess I'll never know. don't regret not going tho...

Was a heck of an experience for me tho. Hayseed plowboy from east Texas, went to New Your City to play football... I was like a fish out of water.. Ain't nothin' but the Lord got me through that!! Graduated in '75, only time I ever went back to campus was to take my wife there in the late 80's to show her what a beautiful campus it was... Our admin. building was the old Walter Chrysler mansion... Was a spoon-fed education and because it is a Federal academy like West Point, Annapolis, Coast Guard, Air Force, I got a commission in the USNR and served for 6 years. Met some great people along the way... for instance, my head coach was George Paterno, Joe paterno's twin brother... Met Broadway Joe Namath a lot. he and the Paternos were pretty close friends, and we got to try out new offenses and defenses that the Jets were thinking about implementing... had winning seasons all four years I played. Coach Paterno gave me his bother's 1959 Liberty Bowl watch because I was always complaining about his watch stopping during practice.... He told me, if you help us win this game against Hofstra this weekend, I'll give you this watch... We won and I had some key plays in the game that saved 2 touchdowns... I didn't know it was Joe's watch until he gave it to me...

Pretty cool stuff looking back on it...

Edit: One other thing, first football game I ever went to and sat in the stands and not on the field was my son's first middle school game at Kingwood Middle School!! I never was much of a spectator for football... Still ain't, especially the NFL...
            Awesome story.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

...and I still got it!!! Once a stud; always a stud!
              You might still have it but I’m willing to bet you can’t find it.

Comment

Originally posted by East_Texas View Post
                Played OL at The University of Texas
                Partied a little much and blew out my shoulder
                Transferred to Hofstra, which y’all have probably never heard of, had my 3rd shoulder surgery and then gave it up and went to work. Plenty of regrets, but everything happens for a reason and would not have my wonderful wife and 2 great children if things would have worked out differently.
                Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                What years at Hofstra? We played ya some years.

Yea, we played Hofstra all 4 years I was at Kings Point. 72-74...

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Oh ****.

My mom's maiden name is Bradshaw. Terry is supposedly a distant cousin. [emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                  I believe we are related. My last name is Bradshaw and I’m distantly related to Terry.

PM inbound

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                    I believe we are related. My last name is Bradshaw and I’m distantly related to Terry.

PM inbound
                    No PM yet.

My cousin's son is on here or used to be. He is a Bradshaw.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                      Cousin is the eagles field goal kicker, Jake Elliott. Long story short, he was all state tennis player, scratch golfer, etc etc. Was kicking field goals with buddies in high school, football coach got wind of how good he was at it. First game, hits a 50 plus to win. Drafted by bengals, gets cut and picked up by philly...super bowl champs that year.
                      LTHS Homecoming Football Field Goal - Jake Elliott - YouTube
                      Jake Elliott 61 Yard Field Goal - Merrill Reese's Call - Eagles vs Giants 9/24/17 720P 60FPS - YouTube

FYI, Carson Wentz is a big hunter.

That's awesome!

Comment

Tight end Kilgore junior college. Loved it. 4 year letterman Allen High school tight end . Glory days wish I could go back and redo it all over again.

Comment

Man these are great. We got some playa's on here. I think we need to start a flag football team and challenge the guys on the Texas Hunting Forum. lol.

Comment

I'm lucky they didn't call illegal hands to the face back in the day. :-)
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	tu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	24593385

Comment

Originally posted by DSDC View Post
                              I played TE at LSU from 92-96. My son is a freshman LB at McNeese State.
                              First off, welcome to the green screen brother Glad to have your presence

You were a STUD, arguably one of the best to wear the P&G !! The only TE in LSU history to be named All-American. Sucks you played during the Hallman/DiNardo era as those teams were loaded with NFL talent, coaching was abysmal. Sucks even more injuries limited your professional career as I truly believe you had HOF potential. God had a different plan and everything happens for a reason. My in-laws are from Opelousas and my wife was very good friends with K.D.H and her family cancer sucks.

Geaux Tigahs !!

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                                I'm lucky they didn't call illegal hands to the face back in the day. :-)
                                [ATTACH]974715[/ATTACH]
                                Gettin' the double team too. One of my best friends played for Tulsa (All-American '84) and another played at Memphis.

Comment

Working...
                                X