No announcement yet.

Amber Guyger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet some of the guys she worked with aren’t suprised. I think she’ll get manslaughter

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
      After listening to the judge read the rules to the jury I cannot see how they will be able to get a unanimous decision on either charge. I have kept a pretty close watch on this case and I don’t know what should be done. The mistake of fact alone should get her off. I just cannot see convicting her beyond a reasonable doubt.

I was thinking the exact same thing last night and this morning. A hung jury would not shock me at all because it is a very unusual and complex case.

Either way, murder, not guilty or anything in between and all hell is going to break loose when it is announced. Out of anger or celebration. Gonna be a long night for Dallas.

Comment

Amber Guyger

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
        She needs to go to jail. If she wasn’t a cop, I doubt it would even be in the news.

I don’t think that is the main reason it is such a newsworthy story. Making it a racial issue is exactly what made it newsworthy no matter how fake the narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          I don't recall ever making a wrong turn on the way home much less going to the wrong place after any of that. Nor has it caused me (or the other 3 guys sitting next to me) to go to the wrong address after any of that on the next call for that matter. But none of us have ever lived in an apartment either

Point well taken, sir.

I was hoping you would agree with the daily stress statement I was trying to point out.

This is why I chose to drag hoses. [emoji15][emoji4]

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
            That's on him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
            It's on em both. But that's another topic.

I think she will be convicted of manslaughter. I think potential public outrage and/or violence plays a role in the back of the jurors minds.

Comment

She needs to go to jail. If she wasn’t a cop, I doubt it would even be in the news.

I walk into your house and shoot you dead, I’m going to jail, no if ands or buts..and certainly no people arguing/hoping that I walk, like in this case. That’s the part of the “thin blue line” that make a lot of people like me sick.

You do understand, technically she was off duty... she just happened to have cop training.

I hope you can take something to get over your sickness.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
                I totally agree. Wrong apartment, wrong furniture, wrong everything, not sure if its true but I heard she was on the wrong floor ?

As terrible as the entire event is she should go to prison for a long time.
                And her aim was perfect..

If that ole boy, who is dead now, would have shot and killed her he would have been in some seriously deep $&#%... Garaunteed!! And "by law" he could have..

Comment

I think its going to be close and do think that since Castle doctrine is on the table she has a chance at least for Manslaughter instead of murder. My issue is she stated she was shooting to kill. As a cop and/or gun owner that should never be your answer because either party does not deserve to die. If you break into a house you dont deserve to die and its not the homeowners position to take your life just for that. However, if you threaten the family or property of an owner while trying to stop you there could be a fatal action involuntarily taken in route to stop you. She just flat out stated she was shooting to kill. If I were on the jury that would be hard to deal with. Her council are idiots for letting her make that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                    There are 2 reasons why this is in the news....

1. she is a cop
                    2. she is white, and he is black
                    yes

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                    Point well taken, sir.

I was hoping you would agree with the daily stress statement I was trying to point out.

This is why I chose to drag hoses. [emoji15][emoji4]
                    Yea, cause we all know after the hoses are back in the truck its back to the station for a shower, some lasagna and a duty ping pong tournament Cops are stuck with eating a cold donut while sitting in the smell of our on body odor emitting from the vest

While sometimes stressful, a miss the 'fun' part of it. Although Im not sure I could go back to being a patrolman in todays climate. I have a lot of friends still out there I miss working with. Easily the finest and best part of my 19 year career was the 6 on the streets. The comradery was outstanding.

That’s the part of the “thin blue line” that make a lot of people like me sick.
                    If you spent as much time learning about the line you keep bashing you wouldn't be so sick. There is more than one person on this thread standing on it that believe she was wrong
                    Last edited by Quackerbox; 10-01-2019, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowflinger84 View Post
                      I think its going to be close and do think that since Castle doctrine is on the table she has a chance at least for Manslaughter instead of murder. My issue is she stated she was shooting to kill. As a cop and/or gun owner that should never be your answer because either party does not deserve to die. If you break into a house you dont deserve to die and its not the homeowners position to take your life just for that. However, if you threaten the family or property of an owner while trying to stop you there could be a fatal action involuntarily taken in route to stop you. She just flat out stated she was shooting to kill. If I were on the jury that would be hard to deal with. Her council are idiots for letting her make that statement.
                      Every single time you stop a threat you are shooting to kill. Shooting someone in the leg only happens in the movies. Even in a CC class they teach you you shoot until the threat is stopped.

I think having her on stand was genius. If you heard her tell the story you could tell she was not lying. No one is that good of an actor.

Everyone knows she was shooting to kill that is not what she is on trial about.

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                        Every single time you stop a threat you are shooting to kill. Shooting someone in the leg only happens in the movies. Even in a CC class they teach you you shoot until the threat is stopped.

I think having her on stand was genius. If you heard her tell the story you could tell she was not lying. No one is that good of an actor.

Everyone knows she was shooting to kill that is not what she is on trial about.
                        interesting you say that. i've read about 50/50 people saying she did well or saying that's why you don't put a defendant on the stand she buried herself. ultimately, this is why jury selection is so important.

personally, she killed an innocent man in his home in which she was the intruder. manslaughter. end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                          She was sexting him as she pulled into the parking garage...she went to the wrong level, because she was distracted by the sexting....hence walked into the wrong apartment, which all looked identical....
                          As she walks up to the door it is ajar and she whips out her gun thinking someone broke in....a large black man appears and she shoots....

I can see how it happened...but she didn't murder him.... manslaughter...probably 10 years or so....
                          Gotcha

Comment

Something I thought was big that hasn't been listed here that I've seen is the prosecutor got her to admit she could have been shooting the maintenance man that she was expecting to come, and she had prepared for him to come by taking her dog to her mothers to stay.

Then not doing CPR, texting her boyfriend twice while the victim was laying there dying.

She did a very poor job on the stand.

Comment

I do not believe she intentionally murdered the guy, but she did kill him. Manslaughter with 2-5 years to be served. Seriously, she made a huge mistake and should be held accountable. She's a pretty lady that has ruined two lives and she knows it. Time to pay the piper and move on.

Comment

If I was on the jury the part that would stick with me was trying to cover it up and not doing cpr.. by law it may not be murder but in my mind it is.. I also think when they serve no knock warrants on the wrong house and kill the home owner its murder.. you don't get to fallow the letter of the law to get out of being a dumb ***..

Like I tell my kids sometimes sorry doesn't cut it..

Comment

Working...
                                X