Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    So your saying I'm a racist?
    No. I lean towards "a cop should always get the benefit of the doubt even to the detriment of an average person" type guy.

Where i am more of a "civil liberties and cops are no better than the average person type guy."

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Cop haters?

She was off duty.
      And still in uniform. Just worked a 13.5 shift and going home. Someone is trying to make an example out her.

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
        Never knew there were so many cop haters on here. Really disappointing. She screwed up big time and deserve punishment but the verdict stinks of pandering to one part of Dallas.
        Did you not read anything about this case????

She had altercations with this dude on multiple occasions. She tried very hard after the fact to cover it up and lied multiple times from there. Caught red handed.

Cops should be held to an even higher standard than your every day citizens. Not a lower one.

Comment

And still in uniform. Just worked a 13.5 shift and going home. Someone is trying to make an example out her.
          Ah, I either forgot or didn't know that.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
            A pure accident is one thing, not rendering aid and such leads me to believe that even if it was an accident, there was consideration of covering it up.
            I get that she probably did not originally want to kill that guy, but when she realizes what she did, and then doesn't immediately call 911 and render Aid, You could argue that that is when the murder happened and the shooting was accidental. If I went into the wrong apartment, and then made the mistake of shooting somebody, I would immediately be calling 911 and trying to help all I could. It doesn't appear that's what happened here. If she had immediately rendered aid, my opinion would probably be different.
            This exactly. The last sentence x 1000000

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              Kinda like white people did after OJ was let off? Oh yeah, we didn't.
              I’m sure there are still some people that are very bitter about that... I’ve lurked here long enough to pick up on some racist underpinnings. They are thankfully the exception to the mostly good group of men and women that post in this community, but I sincerely believe some in this very thread would be singing a different tune had the roles been reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEyeB View Post
                Did you not read anything about this case????

She had altercations with this dude on multiple occasions. She tried very hard after the fact to cover it up and lied multiple times from there. Caught red handed.

Cops should be held to an even higher standard than your every day citizens. Not a lower one.
                Yes I did. Did you ? Where is the evidence proving she planned this ? It was an accidental killing and should be treated as such.

Comment

When will the judge impose the sentence?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                    I’m sure there are still some people that are very bitter about that... I’ve lurked here long enough to pick up on some racist underpinnings. They are thankfully the exception to the mostly good group of men and women that post in this community, but I sincerely believe some in this very thread would be singing a different tune had the roles been reversed.
                    You have lurked since August

Comment

Never knew there were so many cop haters on here. Really disappointing. She screwed up big time and deserve punishment but the verdict stinks of pandering to one part of Dallas.
                      Yeah! People that think there should be consequences for murdering someone in there own home are real haters!

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                        You have lurked since August
                        LOl, and already sees the KKK in the hearts of some

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlood View Post
                          not completely true

"Usually felony murder is the charge when death occurs during the commission of crimes like robbery or arson. However, about fifteen years ago Texas began introducing the charge for causing DWI death. In Texas, if a driver has two previous convictions, a DWI becomes a felony, and the resulting death a felony murder. The first conviction for DWI felony murder happened in 2003."
                          I stand corrected, learn something new everyday. Appreciate you showing my error

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                            I highly doubt such grace would be extended if a black man “accidentally” entered the wrong residence and shot a white woman down that was eating a bowl of ice cream. In fact, I’d bet that someone would even propose the idea of forming a lynch mob had said black man not been convicted of murder.

How does one not knowingly enter the wrong apartment and then shoot the rightful resident down? She was tried by a jury that heard evidence none of us are privy to and was convicted.
                            I agree with you and stated as much in previous comments, Guilty as charged and I think no matter the race the outcome by the jury would have been the same GUILTY!

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                              I get that she probably did not originally want to kill that guy, but when she realizes what she did, and then doesn't immediately call 911 and render Aid, You could argue that that is when the murder happened and the shooting was accidental. If I went into the wrong apartment, and then made the mistake of shooting somebody, I would immediately be calling 911 and trying to help all I could. It doesn't appear that's what happened here. If she had immediately rendered aid, my opinion would probably be different.
                              I think this is exactly what is in the jurors head right now & reckon the prosecutor hit on this exclusively in the closing...sentencing from the jury in about 30-45mins I heard.

Does anybody know if the judge can alter the punishment suggested by the jury?? Say they give her 99, can the judge hand down a lesser??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                Does anybody know if the judge can alter the punishment suggested by the jury?? Say they give her 99, can the judge hand down a lesser??
                                Good question and if the Judge can do that why do we even bother having jurys?

Comment

Working...
                                X