Newton, Jasper, Orange and Jefferson county kill pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
    Had a deer bust me right after I posted this. Never saw it but it blew about 30 yards away. Which is weird because the wind was in my face and she was off to my right. At least I know they’re moving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you seer?
    You already knew the deer was going to bust you right after you posted this? Lol

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
      Are you seer?
      You already knew the deer was going to bust you right after you posted this? Lol

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Haha no my bad, I thought I quoted my previous post asking if anyone was seeing any movement. Ended my all day sit about 4pm today when I caught a trespasser. Been an eventful evening.

Comment

Had good movement yesterday in Jasper county. Saw 6 in the morning including a pretty nice buck and had 10 filter through yesterday evening. Had to come home last night so I couldn't hunt today. Good luck people, they're on their feet.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a mature buck come through at 40 yrds this morning and not even stop for corn yesterday the same buck was on a different cam during daylight so they are definitely moving. If he slips up next week that will be his last. Newton county btw

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
            Finally uploaded the camera pics of this deer. If you notice in the last pic his messed up eye. Hope he makes it another year.
            He will probably live through that.
            TRUE story: I got in a buck to mount, several years ago, from the Victoria area.. His right eye had been gouged out early and infection had set in bad.. By the time they killed him later, and I got him, maggots had completely clean out the entire eye socket. It was almost spotless. White clean bone. I could even see the hole where the optic nerve went through the skull and into the brain cavity.. It blew my mind how clean it was and that he was still healthy.. They said he never showed any signs of being sick. Never even slowed him down.. They are incredibly resilient creatures!!!!!! Unreal..

Comment

Ok, its gunseason eve. Post up your pics and info of what you have witnessed.

I haven't been since Saturday. I have seen a couple fresh dead deer on the roads, one was headless. From reports, deer are moving, that's a good thing. I get to sit in a tree stand in the AM, may even do a live hunt.

Good luck to all TBHers. Shoot straight and take pics.

Comment

Originally posted by justincorbell View Post
                My daughter and I sat yesterday evening to try to get her a shot at her first deer, shortly after we got in the stand the perfect candidate stepped out, a little 3pt. She took her time but somehow managed to barely clip his backstrap..... lesson learned, we will be better prepared next time. I tried to take her up this morning with no luck so I went and sat solo hoping to see a big 10pt I have been watching on camera. The 8 point that I wanted my little girl to shoot showed up early, ate and eased off. 20 minutes later a doe that has been giving me hell decided she wanted to come eat. After a 15 minute production of her doing everything but actually blowing she made the mistake of giving me a chance to draw and the rest is history. #1 for the season is now in the cooler! Hopefully I can get my little one on the 8pt this evening before the rut fires up and he changes his pattern.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                Forgot to congratulate you on the doe, so, Congratulations.

Comment

Son got one Opening morning outside Mauriceville Tx.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                    Hey congrats

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                      Nice buck. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                        Saw 4 deer today, 1 buck(7pt), 3 doe, from 930-1030. Shot at the biggest doe and missed. Got no idea what happened. Son shot a scraggly 8pt, early this AM.
                        Shirt tail!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
                          Shirt tail!
                          Only on buck misses!

Dude, I have run that shot over and over in my head, still don't know what I dun wrong.

You aint killed one of those Batson bruisers?

Comment

Comment

Daughter got the “Cull”...trophy!

Comment

Dang, look at the body on that thang.

Congrats to the young lady.