What have you done to your Tundras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
    3/1 Rough Country strut replacement level kit, driver side grab bar, shorty antenna, and under seat storage for back seat.

All at sparksparts.com except the antenna.
    Sure would like to get that Super Charger kit they offer.

Comment

Are any of you running lease roads daily with them? Using them as work trucks? Was a big fan of my wifes 1794 until she decided to downsize to 4 Runner due to me having 2 trucks. Considering a tundra or a chevy 2500 diesel (2019 is old body style and there are some good deals on work truck diesels now) for lease roads/work truck. Cant make up my mind. Owned both but tundra was a highway truck. My 2017 duramax only has 37k on it mostly pulling camper for hunting and camping. Want one with best longevity as a work truck.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
        Are any of you running lease roads daily with them? Using them as work trucks? Was a big fan of my wifes 1794 until she decided to downsize to 4 Runner due to me having 2 trucks. Considering a tundra or a chevy 2500 diesel (2019 is old body style and there are some good deals on work truck diesels now) for lease roads/work truck. Cant make up my mind. Owned both but tundra was a highway truck. My 2017 duramax only has 37k on it mostly pulling camper for hunting and camping. Want one with best longevity as a work truck.
        I’ve put mine through so much abuse that I’m not sure how it’s still going. It’s retired now as my daily driver and only serves the purpose of my hunting/fishing truck. I’m not saying they’re indestructible, this is the only Tundra I’ve owned. Planned on getting another but really needed a 3/4 ton, but I kept the Tundra instead of trading it.
        Last edited by panhandlehunter; 12-09-2019, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          I’ve put mine through so much abuse that I’m not sure how it’s still going. It’s retired now as my daily driver and only serves the purpose of my hunting/fishing truck. I’m not saying they’re indestructible, this is the only Tundra I’ve owned. Planned on getting another but really needed a 3/4 ton, but I kept the Tundra instead of trading it.
          Awesome. I dont have a need for another 3/4 ton diesel but the old body style pricing combined with end of year makes it appealing. Im a gm fan and used to put 60 to 100k a year on a 1500 on the ranch i worked on. Wheel hubs were replaced several times a year along with front suspension. They were pretty ragged out when i got done with them. Wish i could have had a tundra 1 year to to a side by side comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
            Awesome. I dont have a need for another 3/4 ton diesel but the old body style pricing combined with end of year makes it appealing. Im a gm fan and used to put 60 to 100k a year on a 1500 on the ranch i worked on. Wheel hubs were replaced several times a year along with front suspension. They were pretty ragged out when i got done with them. Wish i could have had a tundra 1 year to to a side by side comparison.
            Tundra is pretty bomb proof.

It's all give and take. The "big 3" have more bells and whistles, and a bit better fuel economy, but that come with more issues.

Toyota is not the fanciest or newest tech but it won't break unless you abuse it and don't do maintenance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine only gets about 13mpg on the highway and 11 city. I’m afraid to lift it

Comment

Originally posted by game stalker View Post
                That was my only issue with her 14.

Comment

Mine gets a little better than that with a lift and 35s.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    Mine gets a little better than that with a lift and 35s.
                    I have the lower gears in mine to tow my RV so it drops me a few mpg

Comment

I have the lower gears in mine to tow my RV so it drops me a few mpg
                      Lower than the 4.30 gears that come in every Tundra with the towing package?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                        Awesome rig. I also did the airbags in the back of mine. Love then for pulling a heavier load.

I would love to hear more about your topper lift. Was just thinking about building one earlier this week in my shop.

Finally got some pictures of the lift. I bolted 4 pulleys to the c-purlin. Attached a hand crank winch to one of the posts, and ran steel cable up to another pulley. After that pulley, I connected 4 steel cables together and ran each one to one of the 4 other pulleys. To connect on the topper, I used two big ratchet straps. Once it’s lifted off of the truck, I also add two small ratchet straps on the under side to keep it from flexing/spreading out over time.

Comment

Originally posted by J Wales View Post

Finally got some pictures of the lift. I bolted 4 pulleys to the c-purlin. Attached a hand crank winch to one of the posts, and ran steel cable up to another pulley. After that pulley, I connected 4 steel cables together and ran each one to one of the 4 other pulleys. To connect on the topper, I used two big ratchet straps. Once it’s lifted off of the truck, I also add two small ratchet straps on the under side to keep it from flexing/spreading out over time.
                          1 just curious, don't think the roof racks would hold it? Would be easier.

2. I used a similar rig, but with 2x4s. Install shackle on each end of 2 x 4. Slide under front and back of rig. Crank up. Then don't worry about spreading or tension points.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

2003 Tundra, salvage title. I bought with 50,000 miles. Now has 150,000. All I've done is oil changes, front transmission seal, and lots of off road miles. It's scratched up, dented up, but still runs like a champ. Paid off for years. Looks like crap- but it's transportation for me. Not into paying 50k plus for a ride with all the bells and whistles- it's a way to get from one place to another. I'll drive it till it dies, but guessing that's going to be awhile.

Comment

After 457,312 miles Toyota twisted my arm to upgrade my 2007' Tundra. Some heckuva incentives and surprising trade-in amount....lol!!! [emoji12]Click image for larger version

Name:	20191222_093939.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	24603754Click image for larger version

Name:	20191222_095054.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	24603755

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                                After 457,312 miles Toyota twisted my arm to upgrade my 2007' Tundra. Some heckuva incentives and surprising trade-in amount....lol!!! [emoji12][ATTACH]985616[/ATTACH][ATTACH]985617[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                                Did you get that many miles out of the 5.7 or the smaller v8 either way that's an amazing amount of miles

Comment

Working...
                                X