Phil Collins.....wow!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turboe View Post
    It was a great show, we went to the AA Center in Dallas Monday night.
    I had no idea how his health was, when he first walked out using a cane, I thought it was a joke. He did good, but man...
    His son was awesome, the drum solo was very impressive!
    Agreed, agreed, agreed!!!![emoji1623]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Have been fortune to see him several times! Always a great show and showman!!

Comment

Originally posted by Turboe View Post
        It was a great show, we went to the AA Center in Dallas Monday night.
        I had no idea how his health was, when he first walked out using a cane, I thought it was a joke. He did good, but man...
        His son was awesome, the drum solo was very impressive!
        Due to years of poor posture from playing drums, Collins had spinal cord (cervical) surgery several years ago. He then underwent a lumbar surgery that was unsuccessful and resulted in a drop foot. He now has to ambulate with a cane or walker.

I watched a concert (via periscope) that Collins played / sang for Sir Nick Faldo’s birthday last year. Collins was using a cane and sat the entire show.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          Due to years of poor posture from playing drums, Collins had spinal cord (cervical) surgery several years ago. He then underwent a lumbar surgery that was unsuccessful and resulted in a drop foot. He now has to ambulate with a cane or walker.

I watched a concert (via periscope) that Collins played / sang for Sir Nick Faldo’s birthday last year. Collins was using a cane and sat the entire show.
          Wow......had no idea!!![emoji856]

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

Great info and explains what was up.
            He sat for the entire Dallas show too.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Toyota Center downtown Houston......right now!!!![emoji14]

That would be a great concert. Saw him with Genesis a long time ago

Comment

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent.

I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.

Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. Sussudio is a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Pintail45 View Post
                  I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent.

I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.

Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. Sussudio is a great, great song, a personal favorite.
                  Paul Allen, is that you?

Comment

awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by sgtau44 View Post
                      Paul Allen, is that you?
                      Do you like Phil Collins?

Comment

Originally posted by sgtau44 View Post
                        Paul Allen, is that you?
                        I think it is Phil himself!!![emoji2962]