This is the one I want to get

Comment

It’s a good one. I can’t slow it down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hendo View Post
        I use the Cabela’s Carnivore 3/4 HP. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I don’t remember if mine is the 1/2 or 3/4 but it’s a great grinder. Use it for stuffing sausage too and have had no issues. Need to get a foot switch this year, it grinds deer and pigs up fast

Comment

Cabelas 1 3/4 HP. It will grind as fast as you can feed it.

Comment

size depends on how many animals you are going to process. My family does 8 to 10 animals and we have a size 22 with a 1 hp motor. It is used for grinding meat and stuffing sausage. It will grind as fast as you can load it. If you are only going to do a couple animals a size 12 would probably be enough. Westin, Cabela's and LEM are all good brands. If I were to buy another it would probably be from LEM. Whichever one you decide on, make sure you keep your meat super cold and it will grind much better. I would stay away from the low end small grinders as they can be really slow and the meat has to be cut up pretty small to fit in the throat.

Comment

Originally posted by djs303 View Post
              size depends on how many animals you are going to process. My family does 8 to 10 animals and we have a size 22 with a 1 hp motor. It is used for grinding meat and stuffing sausage. It will grind as fast as you can load it. If you are only going to do a couple animals a size 12 would probably be enough. Westin, Cabela's and LEM are all good brands. If I were to buy another it would probably be from LEM. Whichever one you decide on, make sure you keep your meat super cold and it will grind much better. I would stay away from the low end small grinders as they can be really slow and the meat has to be cut up pretty small to fit in the throat.
              Thank you. It will probably be only 2 to 3 at most at a time.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a Weston #32 2hp. Works great.

Comment

remember also that Cabelas/ Bass Pro usually have grinder sales around Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Comment

The Cabela's carnivore grinders have a really good snack stick funnel system if you are going to make snack sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                      If your wife has a Kitchen aide mixer just get the grinder attachment for it. It works great and saves on space and money. Otherwise go with what everyone said.
                      I burned up my wife's kitchen aid mixer with the grinder attachment. She was not happy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Cabelas Carnivore 1HP. It will grind as fast as you can feed and I got the tenderizer attachment for great chicken friend steaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          This what I own if you decide you want to buy in the lifetime category. Beast it is
                          bought ours over 25 years ago,we do @10 deer a year plus some cow meat,never had a problem with it. LEM has good units also

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            remember also that Cabelas/ Bass Pro usually have grinder sales around Thanksgiving and Christmas.

This! You'll save lots and get at least a 1/2 hp with a foot switch.
                            Once you get a decent grinder you'll use it more than you think.
                            You can make your own breakfast sausage when butts are on sale, not just for deer and game.

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
                              Not a recommendation but this worked in a pinch last winter when my electric meat grinder died.
                              Ground 3 deer with this setup that day.

I am definitely going to try this out this year instead of doing it by hand! Lol

Comment

My biggest mistake with a meat grinder - was not understanding how cheaply a local butcher would grind meat into burger for me!

I think my grinder is an LEM, used it for years and for some reason it started breaking cutters. Of course who has a spare, right?

So off to the local butcher to finish the job and sticker shock on how little they charged to grind & package burger.

Of course what you take to a butcher can make a huge difference - some make a killing on skinning a deer. But just boned out meat......

My grinder has gathered dust ever since.

Comment

Working...
                                X