Coopers's BBQ - Katy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
    I've have always liked lairds in Llano .
    When I used to go to Llano for work, the locals would take me to Lairds. They said Coopers is for the tourists. It has been a few years since I’ve been there, I didn’t realize Lairds was closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Gone. No more Lairds. I'm guessing he passed or isn't capable of doing it any more.
      I talked with Kenneth Laird a month ago, he is working at L&E in Llano. He sold the business because someone wanted it more than him. But we always ate at Lairds when we were up there.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
        Nobody smokes with mesquite.
        Goode Company does. Now, they are way overpriced IMHO, but they do use Mesquite.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
          Nobody smokes with mesquite.
          Yes, there quite a few places that do. You don't want to smoke with green mesquite, but seasoned mesquite is not bad at all.

Comment

Coopers is good, but rediculously expensive. $30 for a pork chop is just stupid!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

i eat at Coopers in Llano fairly often. i'm also right down the block from Cooper's Austin.

here's what i'll say. i used to be a very big Coopers fan. the Austin location is good for what it is. but, it's always going to be difficult to make real Cue in a downtown location.

Coopers in Llano however has been a massive disappointment the last 3 times i've been through. 2x in a row the brisket was so salty it was to the point of being inedible without chowing on some bread and taking a drink after every bite. the beef ribs last time were cooked excellently but were also too salty though not as bad as the brisket.

the pork ribs have been under done more times than not. best part (excluding the beans) has been the jalapeno cheese sausage. they are still nailing that.

but, i'm to the point that i need to find a different place on my drive out to the lease.

Comment

Coopers in Llano however has been a massive disappointment the last 3 times i've been through. 2x in a row the brisket was so salty it was to the point of being inedible without chowing on some bread and taking a drink after every bite. the beef ribs last time were cooked excellently but were also too salty though not as bad as the brisket.

THIS! I went a while back and it was excellent. Went back with some buddies and it was so salty to the point i couldnt eat it! This is coming from a person who loves salt.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                  i eat at Coopers in Llano fairly often. i'm also right down the block from Cooper's Austin.

here's what i'll say. i used to be a very big Coopers fan. the Austin location is good for what it is. but, it's always going to be difficult to make real Cue in a downtown location.

the pork ribs have been under done more times than not. best part (excluding the beans) has been the jalapeno cheese sausage. they are still nailing that.

but, i'm to the point that i need to find a different place on my drive out to the lease.

Where is your lease?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    Where is your lease?
                    Eldorado.

Comment

Gone. No more Lairds. I'm guessing he passed or isn't capable of doing it any more.
                      Kenneth and ester retired and Kenneth helps out at LE feedstore I believe 3 days a week. Lairds was the best BBQ in llano hands down along with inmans. Coopers is for all you city people. No way I am waiting in line for that crap. I bet if you ask a local who had the best BBQ in llano right know it would be inmans.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                        Eldorado.
                        I don't now any BBQ places out that way except the Coopers in Mason. If you want to take a slight detour go about 10 miles out of Llano and hit Southside BBQ. It reminds me a lot of coopers back in the late 80's early 90's.

Comment

I don't now any BBQ places out that way except the Coopers in Mason. If you want to take a slight detour go about 10 miles out of Llano and hit Southside BBQ. It reminds me a lot of coopers back in the late 80's early 90's.
                          Is that the one on the left in Cherokee? They cook the same style? I've never stopped.

Comment

Is that the one on the left in Cherokee? They cook the same style? I've never stopped.
                            Yes that is the place. They cook with wood old pit style.
                            Last edited by BrandonA; 09-25-2019, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Southside has some good BBQ. Coopers is hit & miss nowadays to me. Never had a bad meal at Southside. We eat there pretty often when at our place in San Saba. To us it seems Southside has better trimmed brisket too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                                Coopers is good, but rediculously expensive. $30 for a pork chop is just stupid!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Hence the nickname “Home of the $20 bbq sandwich”

Comment

Working...
                                X