Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a coon get thru 4x4 welded wire panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like water through a sieve.

Comment

If they don't go through it, the wire will be close enough that it'll be real easy for them to climb over it.

Comment

Coons can jump 10ft with a tool belt and disassemble anything they want

Comment

A coon can squeeze through anything his head will fit through, no matter how big his body is!

Comment

What is the best wire size then? I have heavy gauge large opening wire on my stand and fill frame cage that a squirrel can fit through. Maybe 2” by 2”?

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
              What is the best wire size then? I have heavy gauge large opening wire on my stand and fill frame cage that a squirrel can fit through. Maybe 2” by 2”?
              we use expanded metal for coon cages, super heavy duty and nothing gets thru it. Couple years ago we added Eliminator spinner plates and the combination solved corn loss problems. Solar panels are mounted to back of spinner box inside coon cage, so no wiring outside cage

Comment

Needs to b small enough so just the corn can fall out when spinner spins it out. They are smart and persistent *******s. Set u some duke coon traps and when they are caught show them first gand what a 22 to the head will do. Kill em all!!

Comment

When I was hog trapping more, the coons would go right through the 4x4 sides until they were there getting fat for a couple weeks eating all my baits, then they would have to climb to the top and use the cattle panel to come and go.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                    Needs to b small enough so just the corn can fall out when spinner spins it out. They are smart and persistent *******s. Set u some duke coon traps and when they are caught show them first gand what a 22 to the head will do. Kill em all!!
                    I hate all the corn being knocked down right below the feeder.
                    So I want to use the largest that still does the trick to keep out squirrels on this stand & fill

Big pig

Comment

I have some 2x4 wire I’m fixing to cut into for a varmint cage, how much do you need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                        I've used 2x4 panel with no issues in the past. Guess I'll go buy a sheet of that high dollar fence at McCoys for $53

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                          I have some 2x4 wire I’m fixing to cut into for a varmint cage, how much do you need?

Its prolly gonna take half a panel.

Comment

4’x4’?

Comment

YES..........unless he has an arrow sticking out of both sides of him!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                                YES..........unless he has an arrow sticking out of both sides of him!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lmao!

Comment

Working...
                                X