No announcement yet.

Baby copperhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which-ever it is; Hit it again across the head with the side of a shovel or hoe for good measure!!

Comment

Baby copperhead

It’s a cottonmouth 100%
      They have a similar pattern with the domino spots in them and yellow tail. Pattern fades with age as they get darker. They also have a dark stripe across their eye/head.

Copper head is a defined hour glass pattern tan/copper two tone and yellow tail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Hix; 09-21-2019, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Cottonmouth ^^

Copperhead^^

Comment

So it’s a cottonmouth? I didn’t know they both had the yellow tail! I took a shovel to it’s head and tossed it across the road in the ditch. Thanks for the ID

Comment

It's venomous and dead. That's all that matters now.

Comment

Does it really matter what kind of venomous snake it is, you didn’t even kill it with a spoon so the type of snake it really irrelevant

Comment

I run over those things with a lawnmower all the time. Water moccasin. Color pattern, head, and tail are dead giveaways of the juveniles.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  Does it really matter what kind of venomous snake it is, you didn’t even kill it with a spoon so the type of snake it really irrelevant
                  Someone’s wife finally let them have their phone back

Comment

I guess I’m blind- I’ve never seen the pattern of a copperhead as an hour glass. It is clear as bell when you look at it. Tks

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo1 View Post
                      I guess I’m blind- I’ve never seen the pattern of a copperhead as an hour glass. It is clear as bell when you look at it. Tks

The cottommmouth sometimes has the same pattern but it’s coloration is different and it is spotted like a domino. Like below

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo1 View Post
                        I thought I was a copperhead because I’ve seen so many threads on here showing juveniles with the yellow tail. Is it really that big of a deal?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
                          Is it really that big of a deal?
                          IRL? No.

On them internets? International incident.

Comment

I'm thinking the exact opposite. On the internet no it's not a big deal. In an Emergency Room setting it could be a big deal. But that didn't happen so it's not a big deal.

Comment

I was just trying to be helpful and show the difference between the two. No big deal.

Comment

Go find it in the ditch and shoot it aga

Comment

Working...
                                X