• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great story, congrats Shane!

Comment

Congrats, brother!

Comment

Pretty country and great bull. How far did he go after the shot? yeah you need another freezer...

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

I am so jealous

Congrats

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Great story, pics and bull! Congrats Shane! Helluvan archery accomplishment!

Comment

Congrats ! I hope the meat was still good.

Comment

My Brother Brad French hasn't killed one yet????go get em Brad

Comment

oh and Nice Bull!!!

Comment

Thats awesome congratulations truly a bucket list hunt for me

Comment

Congrats. Glad you found him.

Comment

Awesome and beautiful pics

Comment

Great pics and congrats Shane!

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                                My Brother Brad French hasn't killed one yet????go get em Brad
                                He has had bugling bulls close a couple times. He's in the woods right now. I am praying he gets one!
                                Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                                Congratulations, that’s a great bull! Just curious was the shot as good as you thought? How far do you think he traveled after the shot?
                                Yep, the shot was right where I thought it was. Both lungs had holes in the dead center. But that's about 12-14" above the brisket. I was ground level with him, so the exit was same spot. His chest cavity filled with blood, but it never got up to the level of the arrow holes. None leaked out anywhere. Crazy deal. 125gr QAD Exodus on a heavy arrow blew right through him and did its job. He went about 350--400 yards before all his blood filled his chest cavity. Seemed like gallons of it in there.
                                Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                                Awesome, why do you think he went so far? Was it a single lung or just amped up?
                                He was full of testosterone and adrenaline I guess. I heart shot a whitetail that came in chasing a couple does one time. He poured out a constant blood trail literally 12" wide for 400 yards before he fell over. They're just some tough critters sometimes, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X