What .22 suppressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BCBHunter712 View Post
    AAC Element 2 is great on a bolt action 22 lr.
    This

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
      Not waiting a year is the only advantage. If they were over the counter like they should be I would have never built one. I've done 3 now for myself and supervised a buddy on another.

30cal, 30cal, 22cal

Coned freeze plug for the 22, I think there are 8 or 9 in there. No FRP and the accuracy is beyond what I could have hoped for. Can is 7"ish long and weighs 8.78 oz.

Longest wait on any of them was 43 days.

Comment

30cal, 30cal, 22cal

Coned freeze plug for the 22, I think there are 8 or 9 in there. No FRP and the accuracy is beyond what I could have hoped for. Can is 7"ish long and weighs 8.78 oz.

Longest wait on any of them was 43 days.
        Really wish you were closer so you could supervise me. Can you give me some details on the builds. Specifically the 22.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
          Really wish you were closer so you could supervise me. Can you give me some details on the builds. Specifically the 22.

If I were doing one again I would buy one of those kits I linked above, file the paperwork and then do the minor drilling required once approved. You'll have a better looking and probably lighter product when finished than what I built. The only reason is the Form 4 wait times, it is absolutely ridiculous that it takes them 10-14 months to do what an FFL does instantly through the NICS system.

There are some super cheap all aluminum "solvent trap" kits on ebay coming out of China.

One of these days I'd like to build one completely from scratch. I have access to a lathe but don't have the talent to run it correctly yet.
          Last edited by adam_p; 09-21-2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/T...e--/55-434329/

If I were doing one again I would buy one of those kits I linked above, file the paperwork and then do the minor drilling required once approved. You'll have a better looking and probably lighter product when finished than what I built. The only reason is the Form 4 wait times, it is absolutely ridiculous that it takes them 10-14 months to do what an FFL does instantly through the NICS system.

One of these days I'd like to build one completely from scratch. I have access to a lathe but don't have the talent to run it correctly yet.

Where can you find a baffle alignment tool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
              Where can you find a baffle alignment tool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Are you talking about the little deal that expands the freeze plugs to fit the tube? Sdtactical used to sell them but I'm not sure anymore. When machined cones became available everybody quit messing with freeze plugs.

Comment

Fusion barrel
                Or huntertown arms gaurd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Are you talking about the little deal that expands the freeze plugs to fit the tube? Sdtactical used to sell them but I'm not sure anymore. When machined cones became available everybody quit messing with freeze plugs.

No sir, it’s basically a metal dowel that lines the baffle holes up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X