No announcement yet.

Looks like colt caved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they choose a really bad time to send out that message lol. Even if they did it because the market is over saturated.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      This, not aimed at OP but this crap has been all over the bookface and internet this week with all the chicken little's screaming about the sky is falling. Colt makes an overpriced identical product that 100 other manufactures make cheaper/better. This is a business decision, nothing more nothing less.

Tell me who and what you feel is better for cheaper.

I’ll wait. This is usually spouted by people who don’t know what they are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looks like colt caved

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
        timing apparently means absolutely nothing in your world. I guess some people will believe anything written by a marketing department that doesn’t want to lose business.
        We’re clearly on different planets.
        Speculate all you want and believe it for whatever reason you wish. Publicly post that “Colt caved” based on nothing more than liberal media reports and you’ll probably run into skepticism from people with their feet on the ground.
        You admit that you don’t even have all the facts yet you’re posting anti-Colt propaganda. Is this some kind of liberal guerilla infiltration campaign?
        Last edited by meltingfeather; 09-20-2019, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          As I stated in a previous post, IMO the AR market is over saturated. Couple that with most people wanting the cheapest they can get, I can easily see if being a financial decision.

I also stated that Colt has a past of not supporting the civilian market, it’s not their niche. They tried appealing to the civilian market and offer lower priced rifles when the lost some contracts to FN and Remington but that’s not why most people buy a Colt.

Last I looked you can still pick up 6920 rifles for under $1k. I think that’s very reasonable for a Tier 1 rifle.

I think the cheap AR market is saturated. I don't see noveske, LWRC, LMT, KAC, etc saying they're slowing down... maybe colt can't compete with the smaller companies though.

They got fat on government contracts, which perhaps is worth another thread of itself. easy money when the taxpayers foot the bill I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
            We’re clearly on different planets.
            coming from the liberal out of austin!

this is the first time I've agreed with anything you've said on TBH

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Tell me who and what you feel is better for cheaper.

I’ll wait. This is usually spouted by people who don’t know what they are talking about.

You want to try to say nobody makes a better AR? lol ok...

When I said cheaper/better I could have written it a bit more clearly though, that SHOULD read cheaper OR better. There are plenty of both out there and Colt is failing to compete at either extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                Colt made the m4 I used in the Army. I doubt they need civilian sales to keep them floating. Maybe the saturated ar market has something to do with it.
                Colt went bankrupt in 2016, so you'd be wrong... They need all the sales they can get.
                They just quit their job five minutes before they got fired is all.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Lol

Comment

Looks like colt caved

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                      I think the cheap AR market is saturated. I don't see noveske, LWRC, LMT, KAC, etc saying they're slowing down... maybe colt can't compete with the smaller companies though.

They got fat on government contracts, which perhaps is worth another thread of itself. easy money when the taxpayers foot the bill I guess.

I never said a Colt was trying to compete with those brands.

I also said a Colt 6920 can be had sub $1k, at least the last time I looked.

You’re not comparing in the same range.

Colt has never been in competition with those brands and they aren’t in competition with the cheap ones either.

Last edited by Mike D; 09-20-2019, 08:37 PM.

Comment

You want to try to say nobody makes a better AR? lol ok...

When I said cheaper/better I could have written it a bit more clearly though, that SHOULD read cheaper OR better. There are plenty of both out there and Colt is failing to compete at either extreme.

Reading comprehension?

Where/how is Colt failing? They are built with far better components than the cheap guns and they aren’t trying to compete with the boutique ones.

Comment

Well they just quit selling "civilian ar-15's" because the market is saturated and they're not making money, that's a fail. Nobody wants an overpriced middle of the road AR, they either go AR snob and go high end or load up on cheap stuff.

Comment

Well they just quit selling "civilian ar-15's" because the market is saturated and they're not making money, that's a fail. Nobody wants an overpriced middle of the road AR, they either go AR snob and go high end or load up on cheap stuff.

You’ve never said why you feel they are a “middle road overpriced AR”.

Colt LE models have always been considered Tier 1 and what all others are judged by.

They haven’t changed anything on their LE series rifles (LE6920/6940 most notably) so why are they all of a sudden middle of the road an overpriced?

Comment

I don’t know why you argue with people. Let em have their opinion and move on. Ain’t worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X