Art Briles Back in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
    I just wish I had a dollar for everytime I've seen the word "project".

Ya, I have over used it on this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post

I’m not right b/c UIL ruled, just disagree with it and the thought of them being “ringers”.
      Projecting?

I have no preconceived notions about your financial status, nor would I tolerate my son complaining about getting beat out for a spot, and I hope I never have to speak to another school administrator on such a matter.

But there are rules, and when they're broken people should, and do, pay.

The attitude in Southlake has always aligned with that which Briles seems to have, in regards to rules. They don't want to hear about what goes on behind the scenes in "dragon nation"...just win.

I have heard the same about Trinity...

Comment

I played at two different universities
        Why, for work reasons?

Comment

And I would have zero tolerance with my kids if they came home whining about loosing starting positions, no compassion for it, nor would I toss kids or coaches under the bus to remedy my kids short comings. Regardless where the other kids came from.

Yes I would be picky also who my kids played for. I’ve been around a lot of coaches, I played at two different universities, and assisted with recruiting when I finished, so yes I would be a lot more adapt to let my kids play under a coach I know first hand then some of the coaches I’ve seen at the high school level.

So out side where I live and my financial situation you project about, I would say My opinions are molded by my First hand life experiences
          I will say when I am wrong and apparently, I was wrong about parental involvement from Mount Vernon. But that is not what made them ineligible. They moved for athletic reasons, got caught, and now must suffer the consequences. Hawthorne's lies and involvement with Briles played a part in it. Hawthorne coaching though, is the sole reason for Briles being reprimanded by the UIL SEC though. Not employed by the school district, but is coaching a team. Can't do that. Briles knew what he was doing, thought he was above the rules, got caught, and has shown that he really does not care about kids, nor the rules.

Just curious, but what 2 universities did you play for?

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
            I will say when I am wrong and apparently, I was wrong about parental involvement from Mount Vernon. But that is not what made them ineligible. They moved for athletic reasons, got caught, and now must suffer the consequences. Hawthorne's lies and involvement with Briles played a part in it. Hawthorne coaching though, is the sole reason for Briles being reprimanded by the UIL SEC though. Not employed by the school district, but is coaching a team. Can't do that. Briles knew what he was doing, thought he was above the rules, got caught, and has shown that he really does not care about kids, nor the rules.

Just curious, but what 2 universities did you play for?
            Alex, for $500 I'm going to go with "What are The University of Phoenix and The University of Southern New Hampshire."

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Projecting?

I have no preconceived notions about your financial status, nor would I tolerate my son complaining about getting beat out for a spot, and I hope I never have to speak to another school administrator on such a matter.

But there are rules, and when they're broken people should, and do, pay.

The attitude in Southlake has always aligned with that which Briles seems to have, in regards to rules. They don't want to hear about what goes on behind the scenes in "dragon nation"...just win.

I have heard the same about Trinity...
              Every school has parents like that, any top rated athletics get the same outside comments

Brock(basketball)
              Celina
              Pilot point of the 90’s
              Trinity
              Carrol under Dobbs and now
              Stephenville in the 90’s
              Westlake
              Lakeway
              Odessa in the
              Lamar in 90’s

List goes on, the standard image portrayal for success. Apparently winning has same mystique

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                Alex, for $500 I'm going to go with "What are The University of Phoenix and The University of Southern New Hampshire."
                Or USAFA and TSU.

Comment

Every school has parents like that, any top rated athletics get the same outside comments

Brock(basketball)
                  Celina
                  Pilot point of the 90’s
                  Trinity
                  Stephenville in the 90’s
                  Westlake
                  Lakeway
                  Odessa in the
                  Lamar in 90’s

List goes on, the standard image portrayal for success. Apparently winning has same mystique
                  Somebody finish this sentence for me.

...and the common denominator is_____________.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                    I just wish I had a dollar for everytime I've seen the word "project".
                    I was playing a drinking game every time he said project. Been drunk for the last two days

Comment

Brock(basketball)
                      Celina
                      Pilot point of the 90’s
                      Trinity
                      Stephenville in the 90’s
                      Westlake
                      Lakeway
                      Odessa in the
                      Lamar in 90’s

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                      Somebody finish this sentence for me.

...and the common denominator is_____________.
                      Man, you beat me to it. Oh the irony of his statements. That right there is funny, I dont care who you are. LMBO! He admitted that Briles was cheating in the 90's, but does not think it applies in this situation. I am literally laughing out loud as I type this.

Comment

Man, you beat me to it. Oh the irony of his statements. That right there is funny, I dont care who you are. LMBO! He admitted that Briles was cheating in the 90's, but does not think it applies in this situation. I am literally laughing out loud as I type this.

You really need to fact check yourself...... again...

No where did I say any of those coaches cheated? I simply stated that they where successful/power house programs and everytime there is a successful program people make accusations about their success...

I find the shots at me humorous....especially the chicken $&71 one about where I played at.

Comment

This whole thread needs to be whacked.

I'm tired of the topic.....

Comment

Nvm.

Comment

Nvm.
                              It wasn’t you I was referring to on the comments...

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                                This whole thread needs to be whacked.

I'm tired of the topic.....
                                Like watching a train wreck. You just can't look away

Comment

Working...
                                X