Art Briles Back in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
    Yea no chit, nobody pays a guilty man 15 mil to shut up.

I played for Art and grew up with Kendall and the only ones spouting off at the mouth are the ones that go rolled by one of his teams, much like the present situation.

Cool. Where did you play for him, and what was your impression (at the time) of his character?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigWoods View Post
      Just curious, but if the UIL executive committee after hearing all the facts overturn the decision of the DEC will all the MV and Art Briles bashers come back and apologize. I'll be here once all the facts are revealed and will tell you if I was right or wrong, but one FACT no one has mentioned is that these kids have lived in different places within the district since the first eligibility hearing. It is also a FACT that the house in Colorado which they lived in is vacant and up for sale. If the Executive committee rules him ineligible I will be the first to say I was wrong, but if they do, they will be ruling so on guessing intent. The players that are currently ineligible reside in the Mount Vernon school district.
      Have their parents lived with them in all the spots in the district?

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
        We are talking about a handful or less that are involved in varsity sports. In not like each school has hundreds of student athletes to background check.

The high school has about 450-460 students, but I don't know how many are involved in athletics.

Comment

Pretty interesting article.

UIL is set to hear the appeal on 10/23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
            Wow everyone knows this happens all across the state . And has been since the early 80s
            From 6 man to Six A, and has gone on since before the 80's. In all sports. Basketball may be the worst.

Comment

Interesting

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
              https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspi...1838408237/amp

Pretty interesting article.

UIL is set to hear the appeal on 10/23

Interesting read. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s a **** duck

Comment

Recruiting does happen in a lot of places in Texas UIL sports, but it seems to me that the stench of Briles' prior reputation continues to follow him. He had a bad reputation at Stephenville long before the Baylor sex scandal.

Maybe he is just an unlucky coach who continues to get caught.....

My mother use to tell me to keep my hand out of the cookie jar and you won't get caught.

Comment

Who gives a crap. Kids transfer all the time. Even if it is true, if he did it through a loophole or without breaking the law then good for him. You cant take a vote on kids eligibility based off what you think. If you dont have 100% proof that they moved there only for that specific purpose then you shouldn’t have the right to take away their eligibility. If people would just worry about themselves and not everybody else then we would be a lot better off. This goes for all sports at all levels and not just sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    The high school has about 450-460 students, but I don't know how many are involved in athletics.
                    You are only needing to check on the kids who moved into a school. If they have grown up in the district it's a moot point.

Comment

And it’s official. Players are ruled ineligible by the UIL SEC.

Briles was also the recipient of an official public reprimand.

Comment

Oh come on now, he is just unlucky and people pick on him......

Comment

I feel bad for the senior year student athletes, who are playing their last year of football. They didnt ask for this.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                            I feel bad for the senior year student athletes, who are playing their last year of football. They didnt ask for this.

They’re not being forced to forfeit any games. You could almost make the case that they had the benefit of these kids for 6 games(don’t know the exact number) for free.

But yes. A lot of drama and good way to break up a team.

Last edited by Bullseye07; 10-22-2019, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                              They’re not being forced to forfeit any games. You could almost make the case that they had the benefit of these kids for 6 games(don’t know the exact number) for free.
                              Aint nothing free in life. Those 2 ineligible players took starting spots from 2 kids that would have been actually eligible to play.

Its not just about W's and L's for high school athletes. This was a very selfish move by Art, who has proven he will put his own goals over kids.

Comment

No Briles defenders?

Comment

Working...
                                X