No announcement yet.

Art Briles Back in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO all the Superintendents in the district voted the kids were eligible...twice. And they they were voted they weren't??? How does that even work?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
      SO all the Superintendents in the district voted the kids were eligible...twice. And they they were voted they weren't??? How does that even work?
      Last two comments on 3rd page

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
        So were the kids at MT Vernon illegal or legal transfers?
        not sure, but my guess would be legal. Most of the illegals are not great football players.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
          I know over 10 grown men that played for him and all loved him and would be proud to have him mold their kids as young men, as he did them.

That’s the difference between the REAL truth and BS internet speculation
          I know someone who coached with him at Baylor and took a demotion at another school to get the heck out of dodge as he knew what was happening was bad. He said the really bad stuff hasnt even made it out to the public. I guess there are two sides to every story and the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
            I do believe in the resiliency, leadership aspects, and team fundamentals, but after HS the foundation is already set. They can graduate college faster and get into better schools/degree programs as a whole w/o sports. That applies to 90% of the college student athletes.

And yes I turned down an arena 2 contract. Glad I did friend went ruined his shoulder got stuck on oxy, causing him to make a bad decision to get some more and ended up in jail. All for 50k..... a year.

Like I said, no. Life’s full of better opportunities to succeed
            You have a lot of drama in and around your life.

Comment

The kids uncle who was coaching off the payroll at the school was Lynx Hawthorne, he was playing under art briles in Italy before briles came to my Vernon. It's kinda odd how he was playing for briles then all of the sudden his nephew's end up moving 1000 miles to the same town briles is a coach at and just so happens to be stud players in the spread. I smell fish...

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                Post 156.. Doesn't seem like the sups had all the info at the time. If post 156 is true, can't imagine they would have approved the players eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                  The kids uncle who was coaching off the payroll at the school was Lynx Hawthorne, he was playing under art briles in Italy before briles came to my Vernon. It's kinda odd how he was playing for briles then all of the sudden his nephew's end up moving 1000 miles to the same town briles is a coach at and just so happens to be stud players in the spread. I smell fish...
                  Very fishy, purely speculation but I'm guessing the players parents are actually residing somewhere outside the district and they are staying with their uncle in the district, no bueno if that's actually the case.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                    Very fishy, purely speculation but I'm guessing the players parents are actually residing somewhere outside the district and they are staying with their uncle in the district, no bueno if that's actually the case.

That's how I see it per this article, seems like they tried to hide that they were staying in a camper with him by using the trailer park owners home address saying it was theirs. Fishy fishy, I hate to see it happen but these kids are 17-18 years old. They knew what was going on.
                    Last edited by twistedmidnite; 10-10-2019, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Briles is a scumbag.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        Briles is a scumbag.
                        I can't vouch for what happened at Baylor, all I know is what iv read. But, he brought these kids in to make him look good at Mt Vernon. He tarnished the reputation of the local kids who have grew up there, I agree with you, he's a scum bag

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                          https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/...0-5d2f9f939e54

That's how I see it per this article, seems like they tried to hide that they were staying in a camper with him by using the trailer park owners home address saying it was theirs. Fishy fishy, I hate to see it happen but these kids are 17-18 years old. They knew what was going on.
                          Wow! Can't imagine letting the kids play in that circumstance.

Comment

Briles really is scum. He knew exactly what he was doing. And for the Mt. Vernon Superintendent to go along with it shows exactly what type of person he is as well. My goodness. This is a disgrace. How the hell Mt. Vernon hired him is beyond my ability to comprehend what they were thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                              Briles really is scum. He knew exactly what he was doing. And for the Mt. Vernon Superintendent to go along with it shows exactly what type of person he is as well. My goodness. This is a disgrace. How the hell Mt. Vernon hired him is beyond my ability to comprehend what they were thinking.
                              Bringing in ringers to play football seems pretty tame compared to the accusations against AB down in Waco.

Comment

Where’s all the people saying he was doing nothing wrong at mt. Vernon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X