Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Milam County road builders?

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
    That's hard to see with the shadows. It looks like the creek crossing is gravel?

It's 3x5 with gravel and limestone base over the top. the water is actually flowing thru the big rock underneath. They dug down roughly 3 feet into the clay. There are 4 loads of 3x5 rock on top of the broken up bridge.

Last edited by Bazo; 10-24-2019, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Any Milam County road builders?

Looks good. Ron built a little over 10,000 feet of road for us and it has held up great. We had a couple soft spots show up during construction of a house with all the truck traffic but minimal considering the overall length. Out of all the companies we had look at and bid the job, he was the only one that wanted to spend the time to do it right rather than cash in and be gone. He was also the only one that considered proper drainage and installing culverts at the low points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by slabnabbin; 10-24-2019, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slabnabbin View Post
        Looks good. Ron built a little over 10,000 feet of road for us and it has held up great. We had a couple soft spots show up during construction of a house with all the truck traffic but minimal considering the overall length. Out of all the companies we had look at and bid the job, he was the only one that wanted to spend the time to do it right rather than cash in and be gone. He was also the only one that considered proper drainage and installing culverts at the low points.

He did the same for me as well. I had another spot that I wanted to dump rock in to be able to cross with no issues. After he looked at It and the erosion around the area he suggested a culver. Did a nice job there too.

Comment

Sounds great y'all. I'll definitely be calling him soon.

Comment

I called Ron this morning (Dec. 7). He said he does not put in cattle guards, but he is coming out this afternoon to bid a fence clearing project for me.

I'll ask him about the road, too.

Comment

My crossing is holding up very well. I also had him come to my house and do a driveway extension with road base for a carport and a turn around drive and it's all holding up well too. I'm very happy with his work.

Comment

Great to see others having a good experience with Ron.
                He just mulched a fence line for us (can’t wait to see it) and my dad was impressed as always. Ron is coming out to dress up our road after having two homes but on the property. With all the trucks delivering material regardless of the weather conditions, our road has held up great.

Comment

Working...
                X