Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesel went up 28 cents a gallon here.

Comment

up 10-20 cents about at every station.. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
        up 10-20 cents about at every station.. Sigh.
        Same here today.

Comment

I hope not.

Comment

Wished I had paid attention to this thread. Sunday gas was like $2.04. At lunch it was $2.24 and by the time I got there this afternoon it jumped up to $2.29

I guess any excuse to raise prices they're going to take it.

Comment

North Texas gasoline peaked up .25/gal at the rack Monday. It backed off .10 last night and stayed the same tonight. I guess it will stay here for a little while waiting on the next report from Saudi.

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
                Absolutely. It has a far greater effect on the 10.3 million people ( 39% of which live and work in Texas ) who work in the industry than it does on the rest of the populous.

I'm not talking higher profits. I'm having a job or not having one. In 2014 over 13k people were laid of by Schlumberger in ONE DAY from only their HOUSTON LOCATIONS. That is thousands of families. I'm not talking about CEO's....I'm talking about machinists and welders and salesman and secretaries.

Not to mention the effects that it has on the other industries in Texas that some of you work in.

"Heck naw I don't wanna pay a little extra at the pump, I don't care if you're kids are hungry or not!"

Pretty short sighted if you ask me

Everybody can afford $3/gallon gas. Lots of people that you know can't afford $1.50/gallon.

Oil companies (and their employees/contractors) make piles of money at $45/barrel.

Folks in the patch make more money when oil is higher. You’re obviously one of them. The other 300 million Americans pay more for every single thing they buy, only their income is not tied to oil prices.

Your “short-sighted” dig is ridiculous and juvenile. 10.3 million folks live just fine at current pricing and everyone else can still afford to take a road trip. No reason to run the tab up on the majority so the minority can buy another toy to sell for a song at the next downturn.

Disclaimer: I’m not anti-oil. My entire family works in oil and/or gas. Oilmen make great money at $45-$55/barrel. Non-oilmen are not going bankrupt paying $2-$2.50/gallon for unleaded. No reason for either party to wish misfortune on the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
                  Oil companies (and their employees/contractors) make piles of money at $45/barrel.

Folks in the patch make more money when oil is higher. You’re obviously one of them. The other 300 million Americans pay more for every single thing they buy, only their income is not tied to oil prices.

Your “short-sighted” dig is ridiculous and juvenile. 10.3 million folks live just fine at current pricing and everyone else can still afford to take a road trip. No reason to run the tab up on the majority so the minority can buy another toy to sell for a song at the next downturn.

Disclaimer: I’m not anti-oil. My entire family works in oil and/or gas. Oilmen make great money at $45-$55/barrel. Non-oilmen are not going bankrupt paying $2-$2.50/gallon for unleaded.
                  Yeah ok bud. Anybody south of upper management doesn't make great money at $45-$55/bbl, anybody south of corporate management sure as hell isn't making piles of it.

I don't make more money when oil is higher, I just get to hire people instead of lay them off. I laid off 4 guys this month. One of them had been here for 20 years. I've known him since I was 5 yrs old and had to cut him lose and leave him and his family with no income and no insurance. A shop just to the north of us has laid off over 40 in the past 2 months. Halliburton is about to start laying off, Weatherford and FMC too. These are regular guys that work 6am - 5pm and go home to their families every night. I'm not talking about roughnecks who are blowing their paychecks at the strip club and buying $50k fifth wheels and $10k 4wheelers.

Nobody will go bankrupt paying $2.50 - $3.00/gal either, but millions will at $1.50 - $2.00/gal.

Dont be silly, $.50/gal isn't stopping anyone from taking a road trip. Nobody wants $4/gal except those kind of guys you were referencing with your totally not juvenile "No reason to run the tab up on the majority so the minority can buy another toy to sell for a song at the next downturn." statement.

The "short-sighted" "dig" is pretty much spot on.

People who work in the oil industry will be paying more for everything with higher prices just like everybody else, except they WILL HAVE JOBS. And I dont mean $150k/yr jobs, I mean $20/hr jobs. Regular guys who would otherwise be out of work.

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post

Disclaimer: I’m not anti-oil. My entire family works in oil and/or gas. Oilmen make great money at $45-$55/barrel. Non-oilmen are not going bankrupt paying $2-$2.50/gallon for unleaded. No reason for either party to wish misfortune on the other.

Where are these piles of money at? Thats complete BS!

Comment

Are gas prices about to go up?

Dang some people are dumb to how things really are. Can’t really say anything nicer than that. Piles of layoffs maybe. Geez.

I would love to know if folks really believe this crap or it’s just cool to hate on oil workers.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Y'all knew it was coming $$$ You shoulda saved your money while gas has been around the $2/gal for the last couple years.

People that work in the oil business gotta budget their money too! It's time to spread the wealth......somebody has to pay for these $70K trucks, deer leases, elk hunts and vacation properties !
                        Going up! I agree...

Comment

Wish I was one of those rich oil workers making piles. I just make the stuff they use so I guess I dont get a pile. My younger brother is though, I will see if he can send me a pic of his piles.

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
                            Absolutely. It has a far greater effect on the 10.3 million people ( 39% of which live and work in Texas ) who work in the industry than it does on the rest of the populous.

I'm not talking higher profits. I'm having a job or not having one. In 2014 over 13k people were laid of by Schlumberger in ONE DAY from only their HOUSTON LOCATIONS. That is thousands of families. I'm not talking about CEO's....I'm talking about machinists and welders and salesman and secretaries.

Not to mention the effects that it has on the other industries in Texas that some of you work in.

"Heck naw I don't wanna pay a little extra at the pump, I don't care if you're kids are hungry or not!"

Pretty short sighted if you ask me

Everybody can afford $3/gallon gas. Lots of people that you know can't afford $1.50/gallon.
                            You make good points but Can everyone afford $3/ gas? Maybe, does everyone want to? For many the answer is no.
                            Can everyone afford $5 for a 16oz coke? Maybe, would anyone want to? Probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                              Wish I was one of those rich oil workers making piles. I just make the stuff they use so I guess I dont get a pile. My younger brother is though, I will see if he can send me a pic of his piles.

I’ll ask my brother too. Of course he works 16 hour days and misses seeing his son on both ends of the day in a lot of cases. Oh and his mortgage is high because everything goes up with oil prices, especially in an oilfield town. Should we be mad at investors and real estate agents now?

Comment

Well shucks. He doesnt have any piles. He was building one though, was about to put a decent down payment on their first house, then oil crashed and he had to use it to survive till it picked back up again. Guess thats what he gets for being an evil rich oil worker.

Guess he could have sold that fancy loud black smoke belching jacked up truck, oh wait, he drives a 2006 Tacoma....

Comment

Working...
                                X