No announcement yet.

Truck was STOLEN! New Ford F150 or 250?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard decision. Ive been going through this lately. Have a 3500 and had a commuter car. Car died on me a couple weeks ago. Rather than get another car, Im going to buy a 1/2 ton and keep the diesel also. Hardest decision for me is ecoboost or 5.0. Im leaning towards to 5.0 because I dont wear skinny jeans.

Comment

I hate thieves too. This post make you wonder if paying for onstar is worth it

Comment

ive been in your shoes as far as being on the fence between a 1/2 and 3/4 ton or gas vs diesel... long story short I drove a diesel since 2000 (before they were cool) then the time came to get a new truck and I ended up going with a F150 Eco and thought it was great. I didn't tow all the time like I used to and it did the job. I honestly just got worried that I haul too often for it to be reliable long term as I keep my trucks for a long time. I ended up getting a F250 gasser and am happy. I don't drive it enough to justify the extra cost of the diesel version. No way I could afford to fix a new diesel once it is out of warranty> like 11k for a fuel system these days. Im sure everyone is going to be like oh you need a diesel so you can haul *** and tow a lawn mower but I don't get spending all the extra money "just because" nobody wanted diesels or 3/4 tons back when I was growing up. we all got called names for being too country and now everybody tries to be country

Comment

Originally posted by txspinner View Post
          sorry about your truck. I guess god wanted you to have a decent truck.
          fify!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
            I hate thieves too. This post make you wonder if paying for onstar is worth it
            My wife has a Chevy too and I called chewing their butts saying to cancel them both. Absolutely worthless.

Comment

Which Schlumberger location were you at. Colonial Parkway Katy?

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                drive an ugly truck and they won't bother it.
                ^^^That was my plan until they stole my boring tan 2000 F250 with 250K miles last year! The marks on the handle showed they had attempted to break in other times but may have been scared off.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigging Cooks View Post
                  Which Schlumberger location were you at. Colonial Parkway Katy?
                  Briar Park. Near the Beltway and Westpark.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                    Whatever you buy, install a Ravelco.
                    This! ^^^

I drove an older F150 and purchased a F250 in May. I love it...so do thieves. It has been broken into 5 times since May in the parking lot at work in southeast Houston in broad daylight. There has been nothing in it to steal. They have popped the lock 4 times and stole a baseball cap, $50 gift card and my safe crash charger. They busted my passenger side window and took my owner's manual (WTH?) It was broken into twice last week, Thursday and Friday. We now have a security officer at our office building. They never bothered my 150 and they could have stolen lots of gear out of there.

I had a Ravelco installed, so they cannot steal the truck. They will come out to your house or office to install it. I am also having a back door cover put on the front driver's door, so they will not be able to pop the lock anymore.

I love my F250 though and would not go back to a F150.

I hate thieves!

Comment

Originally posted by Hot4huntin View Post
                      This! ^^^

I drove an older F150 and purchased a F250 in May. I love it...so do thieves. It has been broken into 5 times since May in the parking lot at work in southeast Houston in broad daylight. There has been nothing in it to steal. They have popped the lock 4 times and stole a baseball cap, $50 gift card and my safe crash charger. They busted my passenger side window and took my owner's manual (WTH?) It was broken into twice last week, Thursday and Friday. We now have a security officer at our office building. They never bothered my 150 and they could have stolen lots of gear out of there.

I had a Ravelco installed, so they cannot steal the truck. They will come out to your house or office to install it. I am also having a back door cover put on the front driver's door, so they will not be able to pop the lock anymore.

I love my F250 though and would not go back to a F150.

I hate thieves!
                      Exactly, people make fun of my posting to put a Ravelco on but it has saved my truck 3 times they have tried to steal it.

I posted the link above but here is what I do on my truck

I keep seeing threads about stolen trucks and each time I post about using the Ravelco anti-theft device. It is a wired plug system that you keep the plug with you. I have no business interest in this, just passing on how simple but effective it is.

Home page for the Ravelco anti theft device, anti theft device for cars, anti theft device for trucks, anti theft device for big rigs, anti theft device for heavy equipment. Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device!

I also use a Viper that will page you (up to 1 mile) if it has been tripped in any manner but the Ravelco I believe has prevented thieves from even messing with it. Before it was broken into 3 times, Since the Ravelco and Viper they don't even try now. Its a F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4. This is great when you have to run into Walmart on the way to the deer lease, you know instantly if someone is messing with your truck

Viper is the most recognized name in vehicle security and auto remote start systems, and an industry leader in cloud connected car technology. Viper products include car alarms, remote car starters, wireless home security and automation, window film, window tint, SmartStart, interface modules, accessories, transmitters and remotes.

Good Luck, Stay safe out there.

Ranchdog

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Buy a dodge. No one steals dodges. Hail, they won't even break into a dodge because they know you are too broke to have any good stuff in it. You don't even have to take the keys out.

Buying your kid a Dodge is like saying....."Son.....I love you.....a little"

Comment

Funny you guys hating on a ram.. I've had 3 1 tons in the last 10 years . Only problem I ever had was a jackass fell asleep at the wheel and rear ended me doing 70.. 325k on the first one 250 on the wrecked one and 85 on the 13 model I have now.. I smoked 2 6.0 liter fords before I realized they arent actual work trucks.. they are fine for hauling fat girls to the dance hall but that's about it. Load a dozer or 18 rolls of hay on a trailer and it wont last long..
                          I guess different folks have different experiences..
                          OP sorry to hear about your truck .. get the 250 you want and a 4 k dollar commuter car . I drive my little car all over until times like this when the 35 inch tires come in handy .
                          Last edited by jds247; 09-20-2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                            Funny you guys hating on a ram.. I've had 3 1 tons in the last 10 years . Only problem I ever had was a jackass fell asleep at the wheel and rear ended me doing 70.. 325k on the first one 250 on the wrecked one and 85 on the 13 model I have now.. I smoked 2 6.0 liter fords before I realized they arent actual work trucks.. they are fine for hauling fat girls to the dance hall but that's about it. Load a dozer or 18 rolls of hay on a trailer and it wont last long..
                            I guess different folks have different experiences..
                            OP sorry to hear about your truck .. get the 250 you want and a 4 k dollar commuter car . I drive my little car all over until times like this when the 35 inch tires come in handy .
                            You buying (2) 6.0 don't say much about your opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              You buying (2) 6.0 don't say much about your opinions
                              Burning both up within a year says a lot about ford

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                                Skip the Eco and go with the 5.0. Your welcome!
                                This^^...I had a '16 SD Diesel...too much truck for just picking up kids and city driving and PARKING!...got a decent trade in on her and went with an F150 with the 5.0...I test drove all the engines available and chose the 5.0...something about the swoooosh of a V6 turbo that didn't sound cool...it jumped up and went, but so does my 5.0...plus it's got that grumble to it...especially after installing an S&B CAI...you won't regret the V8...
                                Those F150s drive round like a car by the way...mine is an '18

Comment

Working...
                                X