5 strand costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 strand costs

What’s the going rate for 5 strand barbwire right now? Obviously terrain and soil is a factor, but just give me some ideas. I’m just trying to get some ideas of what y’all have been seeing.

I recently heard it's $6-8 a foot, in the rock.

Comment

$1.30 per foot material
      $1.30 per foot labor

Then add +/- 50 cents per foot for clearing depending on how thick.
      +/- 20 cents for drilling if rocky.

The fence I just had put up was $3.02 and $3.16 per foot 2/3rds rock that was drilled. 1/3rd heavy brush that was cleared.

You probably won't find any cheaper than that. I had 4 bids.

This was steel posts every 100' and "T" post every 10'. Only 3 bends.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        $1.30 per foot material
        $1.30 per foot labor

The fence I just had put up was $3.02 and $3.16 per foot 2/3rds rock that was drilled. 1/3rd heavy brush that was cleared.

X2. I just paid 2.50/ft. I cleared it myself and not much rock.

Comment

We just had our camp fenced in Webb County... was just over a 2 acre pen with 2 20 foot gates. Pipe corners and gates/posts. $2.50/foot labor and materials. That included clearing the fence ROW.

Comment

$1.30 per foot material
            $1.30 per foot labor

That is inline with what I was thinking right there. Thank you for the detail.

Comment

$1.30 per foot material
              $1.30 per foot labor

Did you end up putting the fence on the property line?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                Did you end up putting the fence on the property line?
                No, I'll be fighting with title insurance for a while. I don't expect to get anything even though every person I talked to at the title company agreed that it was a screw up and easier to put where old fence was versus lawyers fighting adverse possession. Title losing in that case as well.

Comment

No, I'll be fighting with title insurance for a while. I don't expect to get anything even though every person I talked to at the title company agreed that it was a screw up and easier to put where old fence was versus lawyers fighting adverse possession. Title losing in that case as well.
                  That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    That sucks.
                    I've always said title insurance was/is a scam. I never believed they would ever pay out unless 100% forced to.

Up until now they sound really reasonable so I hope I have to eat crow. Easy for them to act nice until it's time to pay up. We shall see.

Either way I will update TBH...hopefully soon.

Comment

I build my own fences. Materials are bad enough I cant see paying someone to do it too.

Comment

$1.30 per foot material
                        $1.30 per foot labor

That's a good deal. Any pictures on how it turned out?

Comment

The way we build our fences (or have built) is overkill and not cost effective. I think the last 5 strand we built was around 5.50 a ft. That's with a pipe post in place of every 5th T-post, double h-braces with double kickers (5 post total) and welded caps on all metal post.
                          Last edited by Arrowthreat; 09-13-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

in for pics to. bout to have to build to runs due to highway bypass coming right through the middle of are land

Comment

I just had a 5 strand cross fence done for $2.50 per foot.

Comment

Working...
                              X