Arrow after the kill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
    After you guys shoot an animal, will you still use that same arrow or do you count it as a lost cause?
    Arrows aren't cheap. I like archery because the ammo is re-usable. They are meant to be re-used if you can. I retire an arrow when it breaks... and I've broken plenty of arrows on critters (hate it when that happens.)

After all the pics I have seen of arrow fragments in hands I get nervous about things like that.
    Almost all of those pics of arrow fragments aren't from folks who kill a bunch of stuff with that arrow and re-use their arrows. It is from folks that shoot at targets (because we ALL shoot at targets) and don't check their arrows because they don't think they could break doing that. You should just get in the habit of flex testing your arrows and inspecting them after a major impact and from time to time. I have had a few arrows that failed the flex test or my inspection of them at the nock and insert end.

Comment

Arrow after the kill?

....I’m going to start taking it to the next level, not only am I going to retire the arrow I kill the next animal with, I’m going to retire the bow that fired it, the feeder that threw the corn and while I’m at it, l’ll retire the truck I drove to the lease in that weekend.

All kidding aside, I think there are different opinions because some of us kill one one animal a year and it’s a special experience. Some us us kill 30-40 a year and arrows are just tools. I don’t throw away my hammer after I complete my project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X