Truest flying broadhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
    From the website, it looks like a 2 blade. If so how do you line it up with the fletchings or is it a 3 blade head?
    I don’t ever worry about lining any of my blades up with my fletchings and don’t have any issues

Originally posted by whakm View Post
    Sounds like you're wanting a fixed head but I must say that I love my Rages. I swore that I'd never use a mechanical head then one year just tried 'em (long story) and since then ,even with my bow tuned and shooting great I still use the Hypo's. I've never had a problem with 'em and the blood trails are just too good to ignore. Oh, they fly spot on with my field tips out to 60 yards ( the furthest I've shot 'em) . If it aint broke......

I agree, rages is mainly what I use on deer and experiment with fixed heads on pigs. With zero tuning they will fly with field points. Any mechanical will fly good, be it rages, spitfires, killzones, or grim reapers
    Last edited by kd350; 09-12-2019, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      If your setup is tuned well, and you get the same weight broadhead as your field point, most any of them will fly well!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      ^^^^^^^^^ this

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
        I don’t ever worry about lining any of my blades up with my fletchings and don’t have any issues

I agree, rages is mainly what I use on deer and experiment with fixed heads on pigs. With zero tuning they will fly with field points. Any mechanical will fly good, be it rages, spitfires, killzones, or grim reapers
        I was just seeing if this nubbin buck would say how he lined up what I see as s 2 blade head with 3 fletchings. I might be missing seeing this Simmons head as anything but a 2 blade and I apologize if it is a 3 blade. And I do have little bit of experience with bowhunting after 45+ years of doing this bowhunting gig!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          I was just seeing if this nubbin buck would say how he lined up what I see as s 2 blade head with 3 fletchings. I might be missing seeing this Simmons head as anything but a 2 blade and I apologize if it is a 3 blade. And I do have little bit of experience with bowhunting after 45+ years of doing this bowhunting gig!

Lol I kinda figured that... but yep it’s a 2 blade, not 100% positive that you can add the bleeders to all of them. But I bet you can tell some good stories around a campfire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Montec fly great for me but I didn’t get great blood trails

1” standard slick trick fly good

I’m shooting Kudu this year but they took some tuning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Slick trick standards fly the truest and straightest out of Nap,Montec,ST,
              Tried them all before last year elk hunt .

Comment

I'm telling you, from the research I have done, take a good long hard look at the new Annihilator Broadheads, you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                  From what I have researched, I'm telling you now, if you haven't looked at the Annihilator Broadheads, you are doing yourself a disservice. They may not have a giant cutting diameter but they leave a hole. I have 3 packs being shipped my way Friday!!
                  I shot a doe this weekend with one of these heads. Pass through, double lung. She dropped in 30 yards. Broadhead didn't have a scratch on it. Everything was great..........except the pretty much non existent blood trail. barely found any blood and honestly had she run 100 yards or so not sure I would have found her. This was the one and only time I've used the head. I will be using it more this season and interested to see how the next experience goes. Hopefully it was a one time fluke on the lack of blood trail. Like I said though, it performed flawlessly and not a mark on it, after a pass through and hitting rocks on the other side. Just wish I saw a good blood trail. I like the idea of the head but I need to do more in field testing to see if this was just a fluke. But, I guess I don't need a blood trail if they all drop within 30 yards . Just my feedback from my first experience.

Comment

Nap killzones

Comment

Working...
                    X