Never forget.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
    I will never forget. My wife and I got to visit the 9/11 memorial and museum and if you haven't gone, it is very powerful. Here are a couple photos I took from a couple months ago.
    Checkout story on ESPN “The man in the Red Bandana”. He is the hero in your photo taken at the memorial.

Comment

Sorry to say but most need a reminder every year for two.

Comment

Put a pic up on the 4 98” tv’s this morning in front of 700+ with a choked up prayer and moment of silence excepted some kickback later nothing but thank you’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
          Put a pic up on the 4 98” tv’s this morning in front of 700+ with a choked up prayer and moment of silence excepted some kickback later nothing but thank you’s.

Good on you!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Not to mention elevator shafts and stairwells to act as “chimneys” and suck oxygen in to superheat the fire. Nevermind the fact that you don’t have to get close to the melting point, to weaken steel enough for it to fail.

The conspiracy theories are far less believeable than the planes taking the buildings down, but people go out of their way to avoid an explanation, to look for something stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During construction all of the steel was sprayed with a fireproof layer, which at the time would have prevented a collapse from a fire.

When the planes impacted, the fireproof layer was “ peeled away”, exposing the steel frame... beams were weakened enough, couldn’t support the weight above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was saddened and ****** that yesterday for the first time, the shop did not pause for a moment of silence. I sent an e-mail to the big boss expressing my disappointment.

Never Forget!
              Last edited by Goldeneagle; 09-12-2019, 05:34 AM.

Comment

A) ..no such thing as fire proof..
                B) have that conversation in your own thread.

Comment

I’ll never forget that day.

Comment

Taking a rest after 20 hours of searching for survivors among the wreckage of the World Trade Center in 2001.
                    Many of the search dogs became depressed because they only found corpses instead of survivors, so the firefighters would frequently volunteer to be buried in some of the rubble so the dogs could find a living person, and that made all the difference.

Comment

Was in college walking to my dorm, when I arrived my coach was in our room watching TV with a bunch of other players. Nobody said a word they just watched, once the second one hit my coach got up and told us to pray and try and call our parents. One of the most dramatic events of my life, beyond sobering.

Comment

I was @ work, production operator @ a chemical plant. Our leader called us to turn on the TV. Was supposed to be hooked up to company cable but he knew. Everybody came into the lunch room, about 30 people in a room that normally accommodated 10, And watched
                        in horror as both towers fell. Not much operating done that day.
                        There were almost as many people died in that attack as there were in Pearl Harbor. The furor over 9-11 died much quicker than Pearl. We had a much more defined enemy during WW2 than for 9-11 and the "war" has been much longer, so it has been much easier for some people to forget. But I will never forget!

Comment

Protestors in Hong Kong pause in recognition and observance of 9/11.

“In solidarity against terrorism, all forms of protest in Hong Kong will be suspended on Sept. 11,” the protesters said in a statement obtained by Reuters.

Comment

Working...
                          X