No announcement yet.

Never forget.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very emotional day for me and all Americans. I worked there 4.5 years rebuilding from dirt. My middle boy is a cop in NYC. The South Bronx to be exact. The 4-oh pct.
    I am sitting in Kerrville with tears in my eyes thinking about that day. My wife also. Feeling bad...I still have a good cry left in me from that day. Knew a few who perished that day.
    May God Bless America and its first responders.

Comment

Never forget.

Watching the history channel now. Makes my blood boil and it’s just starting. So many have forgotten and so many more will never be told what happened that day.

I will never forget or let my kids forget.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-
      Last edited by Buckwheat; 09-11-2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

**** shame so many good people, both public servants and civilians, lost their lives that day. Not sure what happened, but I don't believe commercial jets took down those buildings.... jet fuel didn't melt or cut I-beams....no way....

No idea what happened, other than a lot of good people died needlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
          **** shame so many good people, both public servants and civilians, lost their lives that day. Not sure what happened, but I don't believe commercial jets took down those buildings.... jet fuel didn't melt or cut I-beams....no way....

The melting thing has already been disproven …

Thoughts out to the loved ones - Yall take care.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
            The melting thing has already been disproven …

I’ve read those “explanations” as well and the are as bogus as the original claims.

To each their own.

Unnecessary and tragic death is always such a shame. Prayers to all those family’s still mourning today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What did melt and cut those beams?

Comment

My wife and I were at the local fire station around the flag pole this morning. Listened to the stories of the first responders that were there at ground zero. VERY humbling to hear the way that they talk about it and how emotional they got even after this many years. NEVER FORGET and MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA!

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  What did melt and cut those beams?

I have no idea.... I just don’t believe that jet fuel did. I’m not a conspiracy theorist....just trying to make sense of the evidence. I’ve been a cop for 20 years and a detective for 10. I’m not an arson investigator and don’t pretend to be, but all that I’ve read on both sides of the argument doesn’t add up in my head. Maybe it’s just bigger than I can comprehend.... I totally may be wrong, but I still feel it had to be more than jet fuel.

Comment

I have no idea.... I just don’t believe that jet fuel did. I’m not a conspiracy theorist....just trying to make sense of the evidence. I’ve been a cop for 20 years and a detective for 10. I’m not an arson investigator and don’t pretend to be, but all that I’ve read on both sides of the argument doesn’t add up in my head. Maybe it’s just bigger than I can comprehend.... I totally may be wrong, but I still feel it had to be more than jet fuel.

It was not just jet fuel...it also had other fuel like paper, furniture, carpet , and no telling what else.
                    The entire fuel load of the building, impact damage ( huge jet traveling around 300mph) and weight of upper floors above impact area. That's what brought them down

Comment

It was not just jet fuel...it also had other fuel like paper, furniture, carpet , and no telling what else.

The entire fuel load of the building, impact damage ( huge jet traveling around 300mph) and weight of upper floors above impact area. That's what brought them down

[emoji1360]

Comment

I was in my office in downtown Fort Worth, I went to the breakroom for some ice/water. The TV was on and I caught a glimpse. Went back to my office an queued up FoxNews, rivited. It was surreal while we were living in Arlington the next few days, no planes flying into DFW.

Sorry SOBs.

Comment

Never forget.

Not to mention elevator shafts and stairwells to act as “chimneys” and suck oxygen in to superheat the fire. Nevermind the fact that you don’t have to get close to the melting point, to weaken steel enough for it to fail.

The conspiracy theories are far less believeable than the planes taking the buildings down, but people go out of their way to avoid an explanation, to look for something stupid.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 09-11-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Not to mention elevator shafts and stairwells to act as “chimneys” and suck oxygen in to superheat the fire. Nevermind the fact that you don’t have to get close to the melting point, to weaken steel enough for it to fail.

The conspiracy theories are far less believeable than the planes taking the buildings down, but people go out of their way to do so.

Absolutely

Comment

Felt bad all day... You know, that knot you get in your gut... That!
                              Went to school there and had a view of Manhattan out my dorm window... That day, I heard about the plane hitting the first tower just as I was pulling into the parking lot at work. They were talking about how such an accident could have happened. How a small plane could have just flown into the World Trade Center.... I went into the office which was near the IAH and turned on the TV in the break room as others gathered... we saw the plane hit the second tower and whatever channel we were watching, the commentator made the comment that well, I guess we know now for sure this is no accident. We are under attack by someone... We pretty much were glued to the TV the rest of the day... That afternoon when I left, it was eerily quiet with no planes in the air... airplane noise was pretty much constant for us where our office was... Emotions come flooding back thinking on this... The Memorial in NYC gives me the same feeling that I had when I was at the Holocaust Museum in Israel... And when I visited a Concentration Camp in Germany... Just a bad feeling that I can't quite put my finger on it...

Ain't no way I could ever forget... My grandchildren won't forget either... not as long as I'm alive and able to talk...

Just a dang shame so many in America have forgotten... If they had not forgotten, they would not have put radical Islamists in congress (or a muslim in the white house for that manner)... I will never understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Felt bad all day... You know, that knot you get in your gut... That!
                                Went to school there and had a view of Manhattan out my dorm window... That day, I heard about the plane hitting the first tower just as I was pulling into the parking lot at work. They were talking about how such an accident could have happened. How a small plane could have just flown into the World Trade Center.... I went into the office which was near the IAH and turned on the TV in the break room as others gathered... we saw the plane hit the second tower and whatever channel we were watching, the commentator made the comment that well, I guess we know now for sure this is no accident. We are under attack by someone... We pretty much were glued to the TV the rest of the day... That afternoon when I left, it was eerily quiet with no planes in the air... airplane noise was pretty much constant for us where our office was... Emotions come flooding back thinking on this... The Memorial in NYC gives me the same feeling that I had when I was at the Holocaust Museum in Israel... And when I visited a Concentration Camp in Germany... Just a bad feeling that I can't quite put my finger on it...

Ain't no way I could ever forget... My grandchildren won't forget either... not as long as I'm alive and able to talk...

Just a dang shame so many in America have forgotten... If they had not forgotten, they would not have put radical Islamists in congress (or a muslim in the white house for that manner)... I will never understand that.
                                Like most things. I can't say it any better than you did! I remember driving up 377 from Granbury talking to my wife about how nobody accidentally crashes into the WTC. Walked in the office to everybody gathered around the tv about the time the second place hit. GW Bush was in the air and his plane landed at Barksdale. That's where I was from. Mom and dad called shortly after to let me know what happened and that the president hand landed there. Sure was weird. Not seeing planes in the air for a couple days. I remember working. In Chicago about 8 years ago on 911 and there were people with different flags driving around celebrating all day! Finally by the end of the day I about come unglued and some guy there told me it was Mexican Independence Day and that's what they were celebrating. Made sense. There's more Mexicans in Chicago than in Mexico as far as this country redneck can tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X