No announcement yet.

Feeding in for other people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fill a few feeders for people. Whether they buy the feed or me its just an hourly rate. I am rigging up a bulk feed trailer now with a blower for corn or protein.

Can build feeder pens, run cameras, mow camp areas etc. Want to start doing food plots and stuff with a tractor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I live in Waco and hunt in Star. I would pay someone $100 + corn to fill them if I was in a bind and can't make it to the lease.

Comment

I do it for a couple of people on our lease. I buy corn, they pay me for corn, I get to hunt their spots when I want. ( I only work 6 months a year so Im there more than anyone)

Comment

I don’t mind doing it for a buddy that is just too busy to get there. But if you’re not coming because you’re lazy then you’re on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
            I know a guy from Mason that destroyed a $40k diesel pickup(10 yrs ago) filling feeder's on a ranch this side of Del Rio.He was paid $30k to take care of 25 feeder's year round.He lasted one year.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
            Not doubting this happened but how did he destroy the truck? 30k to buy feed and fill feeders or 30 k just for filling the feeders??

I would be all over filling feeders for 30k a year....

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
              Man that would get expensive real quick on my place.

How big are your feeders?
              Our feeders vary in size. We’ve got some 1200 lbs, 1000 lbs, 800 lbs and several 300 lbs feeders.

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
              I thought the opposite.

If we feed 40 tons a year at $4 a a bag, that’s $6,400 total split between all lease members. I guess if you were paying it yourself, but split up, it would be way less than gas.

I spend $150-$200 in gas every trip just going to the lease and back. I like going to the lease, so I couldn’t do it, but I thought it was actually a decent deal as long as you’re all splitting it.
              Yea this is exactly how we do it. All members split the “fill fee” cost. I like going to the lease too and still go quite a bit. It’s just more convenient to have the landowner check on feeder levels and make sure that the feeders never run out. He saves us money by filling the feeders and it’s nice to go to the lease when we want to, instead of when we “have” to.

Comment

Working...
              X